Chapter 15

Lauren rang the doorbell, while Camila fussed with her clothing. "Should I have worn something different I don't know if I give off the right image in this?" Camila said.

"You look fine plus it's a bit late now we are stood on the doorstep" Lauren smiled. "My mother doesn't like anyone I'm afraid Camz I didn't even reach her incredibly high standards" she sighed.

"Great not much pressure there," Camila said laughing nervously. She bounced from foot to foot as she heard someone coming to the door.

Lauren lent closer "I don't care what she thinks, I think you're amazing, and I love you, and nothing she says or does will change my mind."

"If we weren't stood on your mother's doorstep I would kiss you right now," Camila said smiling, Lauren always knew what to say. Lauren reached over and took her hand as the door opened, and a different maid answered the door. She showed them in and took their jackets.

"Your mother is in the drawing-room if you would like to go through!" she said, pointing the way.

"Hey, do you reckon I could see your old room later see what child and teenage Lauren's bedroom looked like" Camila whispered as they walked through into the dining room.

"If you think it's going to be full of boy band posters and colorful clothes you are sadly mistaken you will probably find it quite dull," she said. "It's mainly full of books and hideous dresses my mother used to make me wear."

As they walked in the room, Clara was stood near the fireplace. Camila didn't think she would meet a person she was more intimated by than Lauren when they first met, but Clara made Lauren look like a pushover. Camila would never say anything, but she reminded her of a Dementor she seemed to suck all the happiness and joy out of a room. Lauren went over and kissed her on each cheek and greeted her. How did she ever give birth to such an amazing, generous and big-hearted woman like Lauren, she must take after her father.

Camila stood there with her hands at her side, not sure on how she was supposed to greet the woman. So she just stood there and said "Hello Mrs Jauregui, nice to see you."

Clara looked her up and down "Oh, you're here, are you!" she said a look of disgust on her face.

"Yes she is mother, we are together and very happy, so get used to seeing her around" Lauren answered. "Is father joining us for lunch?"

"Yes, your father will be through in a few moments. He is finishing a business call," Clara replied. "Anna fetch us some drinks please, tell her what you would like."

"I will just have water thanks had a little bit....never mind," Camila said thinking it was not best to reveal she'd got drunk last night in front of a woman who already didn't like her. "I can drive Lo, if you want to have a drink." Clara bristled at the way Camila shortened Lauren's name.

"Thanks, Camz, I will have a small glass of red, please" Lauren replied. As the maid left, her father walked in, and Lauren was immediately smiling. She walked over to him and hugged him, and he squeezed her tightly.

He walked over to Camila and shook her hand and smiled "Nice to see you again, Camila, are you well?" he asked.

"Yes thank you, Mr Jauregui," Camila said

"Please do call me Mike," he asked, watching his wife's reaction. "My work colleagues call me Mr Jauregui, not my daughter's girlfriend. Camila smiled, Lauren's face brightened up so much when her father appeared it was nice she was close to one of her parents.

The maid popped her head through the door "Lunch is ready, Mrs Jauregui."

"Thank you we will go through now put the drinks on the table" she replied as she took Mike's arm and walked out into the hallway. Lauren laughed as Camila held up her arm for Lauren to take and they followed behind her parents.