Chapter 12

Camila knocked on the door at Shawn's apartment. She hugged Henry. She was going to miss him. He had stayed at his dad's all weekend before, but she had never gone out of town. Lauren had assured her there was mobile coverage up there if needed it still didn't stop her worrying a little about it.

Shawn opened the door "Hey Camila, hi little man are you going to give mummy a big cuddle before she goes" he said. "We are going to have a cool boys only weekend."

Camila passed Shawn Henry's overnight bag and then squeezed him to her. "I love you, Henry. I'm going to miss you. Be good for daddy," Camila said. Henry took hold of her ears and rubbed them and then rubbed his face against Camila's. Camila chuckled as he wanted to go down, then running into Shawn's apartment. Camila dug a piece of paper out of her pocket with Lauren's number on "This is Lauren's number in case something happens to my phone" she said, handing it over to Shawn.

"Everything will be fine, Camila it's just a couple of days," Shawn said as he took the piece of paper.

"While I'm here I wanted to ask you if you have anything against me, introducing Henry to Lauren when we get back?" Camila asked.

Shawn looked at Camila and sighed "Is it serious? and do I get to know anything about her?" He replied. "It should be us Camila just think how happy Henry would be."

"Look I'm not going through this again we tried it doesn't work, and for the first time in ages I'm really happy please just let the idea of us go it isn't going to happen" Camila insisted. "As for is it serious then yes it's going that way it's not any of your business, but I have feelings for her. Her name is Lauren, she is a businesswoman has a string of dance clubs, she's a couple of years older than me, and technically she already met Henry when he had a meltdown in the store the other day."

"I've told you if you get stuck with Henry call me and I will come and help Camila," Shawn said looking a little annoyed that Lauren had been there for them instead of him. "How did you two meet then."

Camila was getting close to being done with twenty questions. "I didn't call her she just happened to be shopping there at the same time" Camila huffed. "What has this got to do with anything if you must know we met at her club she danced then we started talking, and it went from there. Right I'm going now I'm supposed to be at hers in twenty minutes!"

"Jeez, Camila, are you dating a stripper! From a tittie bar! What has gotten into you!" Shawn said.

"Fuck you Shawn!" Camila whispered hoping Henry didn't hear her. "She's not a stripper and what would it matter if she was you asshole! Plus never let her hear you call it a tittie bar it isn't, and she would go mad! Bye henry" she shouted as she walked away before she said something she shouldn't.

She slammed the door to her car as she got out at Lauren's. She wanted to let the conversation with Shawn go, but it was still on her mind. She walked down the drive towards Lauren's door and remembered what she had said last time. Right, Camila was looking forward to going with Lauren, so she was going to cast Shawn entirely out of her mind and enjoy herself, she thought.

She opened Lauren's door "Hi honey I'm home" she shouted as she closed the door behind her.

Lauren didn't have her usual heels on so Camila didn't hear when she appeared behind her. "Don't ever become a comedian, Miss Cabello, because you're not funny" she whispered in Camila's ear making her jump.

Camila's eyes went wide as she noticed the amount of luggage there was in the hallway. "Lauren, are we going for a weekend or moving there?" Camila joked. "I'm not sure these will all fit in my car."

Lauren burst out laughing "we are not going in that thing of yours I actually want to get there in one piece," she said.

"Are you at least going to let me help out with the driving I have a clean licence and haven't ever got a speeding ticket well not in the last few years" Camila said.