Chapter 32

They rode the elevator up to Shawn's apartment to pick up Henry. He had offered to fetch Henry to them seen as they had done a lot of travelling, but they were both pretty desperate to see him so had agreed to pick him up. Henry had stayed at his dad's for longer than a weekend before, but something seemed different even though they had, had a fantastic weekend. Camila had been so glad when Dinah and Normani had offered to drop Sofi off at home, which means she didn't have to face her parents right now.

"I think we should sit down and have a talk about your parents and the future when Henry has gone to bed tonight," Lauren said as they stepped out the lift.

Camila moaned "Do we have to! the parent's bit anyway I don't want anything to do with them any more that's it nothing to talk about." They continued to walk up the hallway to Shawn's apartment, and Camila's excitement grew she just wanted to hug her son tightly and forget anything to do with the people that gave birth to her. Lauren shook her head and smiled at Camila's pouting face.

She smiled as she knocked at the door and heard Henry inside, shouting mummy and getting excited. Shawn answered the door as a small heavyweight hit her legs bending over she scooped him up into her arms. "We have missed you little man" she said her wrist was twinging a little but not enough for her to put him down. Hugging him close "Has he been okay? I know if there had been anything serious you would have called," Camila asked as she felt Henry's small fingers grabbing at her ear.

"He had a couple of meltdowns but only minor ones, and he has done a lot of asking after you two" Shawn replied as he leant against the door frame.

Henry moved closer to his mother's ear "Going to rain at seven home now no getting wet" he whispered. Suddenly turning to Lauren and grasping at air trying to reach her "Momma car before rain daddy done!"

"Come on gorgeous boy let's get you to the car and mummy can grab your things" Lauren explained as she took him from Camila and kissed his forehead. "Say bye to daddy," she said as Shawn stroked the back of his head and waved. Camila chuckled as Lauren and Henry walked back up the hallway, and he was telling her what the weather was like in Las Vegas.

"So how did it go is there anything you can tell me or is it a case of what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" Shawn chuckled as he passed Camila Henry's backpack.

"Well most of it is on a need to know basis," Camila said tapping her nose. "But we did get these," she said, lifting her shirt and pulling down her jeans a little to show Shawn the tattoo on her hip.

Shawn bent forward to look at it a little closer and shook his head "who's we? Surely Lauren doesn't have a tattoo I can't imagine that" he laughed as Camila tucked her shirt back into her jeans.

"Yeah I thought she would hit the roof when we sobered up because it was my idea, but I don't remember, but she has been pretty chill about it" Camila replied. "Dinah and Normani have the same one too and my sister her parents weren't impressed," she said.

"Her parents? Aren't they yours too?" Shawn asked looking confused.

"They gave birth to me, yes but that is all now I'm done they don't agree with how I live my life and who with" Camila replied looking a little sad. Shawn stood up from the door frame and stepped forward and hugged her. "Thank you, Shawn, but I'm fine it's their loss, not mine," she said, patting his back. "Well, I'm going to go now and wash the car journey off me and snuggle up with Henry and Lauren for a quiet night."

Shawn stepped back "It is their loss Mila, and I'm sure they will regret it because you're an amazing woman that I regret losing," he said. Camila squeezed his hand and slung Henry's backpack over her shoulder as she turned to leave, holding her hand up to Shawn. "Bye Mila," Shawn said waving as he stepped back into the apartment.