Chapter 10

Camila got up from the sofa, trying not to spill her paperwork on the floor. She had finally got it into some kind of order. The doorbell rang again, and Camila shouted: "I'm coming!" She opened the door to a delivery guy who handed her a big box, she put it to one side and signed the delivery note. She closed the door and picked up the parcel. She walked into the living room, depositing it on the sofa next to her.

She slit the tabs holding it shut and pulled back the wrapping. It was a dress a very expensive looking dress. On top was a note, it was from Lauren she should have known. She read the letter, Lauren wanted her to come to a cocktail party with her on Friday night as her partner. Usually, this was so not Camila's sort of event. But she knew Lauren was making an effort, so she was going to go.

She grabbed her phone from the coffee table and sent Lauren a message.

Camila: Its a yes to the cocktail party but you didn't have to buy me the dress I have clothes x

Lauren: Yes, I know you have clothes I have seen them!

Camila: I'm guessing they're not up to your standards lol and thank you for the dress its great x

Lauren: Your clothes are unique! And your welcome I will pick you up at eight x

Camila laughed. She knew what unique was Lauren's polite way of saying she didn't like them. She lifted the dress out the box; it was gorgeous. It was a black off the shoulder midi dress and would cling to every curve. She hung it over the door as not to wrinkle it.

There was another knock at the door, and she went over to open it. As soon as she did, Henry burst through and jumped on to the sofa. "And hello to you Henry" she laughed. "Shawn, do you mind coming in a minute there is something I want to discuss with you," Camila asked.

"Sure Mila" he smiled as he walked into the hallway.

"I thought it was time to let you know I'm in a relationship" Camila smiled hoping he would be happy for her. His face dropped after hearing what she had said, and he shrugged pretending not to be interested. "What's wrong Shawn surely you knew it would happen eventually?"

"It should be us together, Henry would love it" he moaned as Camila grabbed him moving him into the kitchen.

"You know that isn't going to happen and you better not have been filling his head with ideas, you know how he gets!" Camila whispered.

Shawn held up his hands in defence "I haven't said a thing, you know how I feel about you." He leant against the countertop and tried to grab her top to drag her closer.

Camila knocked his hand away "Shawn, I don't want to be harsh, but you need to get this through your head. I don't love you and never did!"

"Ouch, Camila! don't hold back, will you!" Shawn whispered angrily.

"You let your pregnant girlfriend to jail hows that for harsh so don't try to make me out to be the bad one, I'm moving on get used to it!" Camila said.

"No fair I didn't know you were pregnant at the time! I saw that dress in there got yourself a rich bloke this time!" Shawn sneered.

"He is actually she and its got nothing to do with money, conversation over I just wanted you to know what was going on!" Camila replied.

Shawn looked shocked "Well, I will still be here when it all goes wrong waiting for you," he said as he walked towards the door.

"Shawn I'm happy, please go and find someone else and be happy too" Camila pleaded. He wasn't right for her, but she did hope he found someone.