Chapter 17

Camila woke up, her first morning in her new home next to the woman she loved. She nestled closer to Lauren's back. "Guess what babe?" she whispered in Lauren's ear.

"You don't want to see your next birthday, Miss Cabello?" Lauren mumbled.

"Lo, this is something that should be noted; it only happens once!" Camila said as she leant up on her elbow. She ran her fingers down Lauren's arm.

"What time is it?" Lauren asked as she buried her face deeper into the pillow.

Camila laid back and reached for her phone "Just gone eight!"

"Miss Cabello, what is your problem its Sunday! Day of rest! Go back to sleep, I may have to invest in some chloroform if you are going to keep this up" Lauren said.

"Could I go down to the games room then until you're in a more agreeable mood?" Camila asked.

"Camila, this is your home now you don't need to ask me to go anywhere in it except for the kitchen," Lauren said. "You can go anywhere if it gets me more sleep."

"Cool," Camila said as she swung her legs out of bed. She grabbed a tank top and shorts out the drawer and put them on. She was going to say something to Lauren, but it would wait she didn't want the wrath of waking her up a second time. She grabbed her phone and tiptoed out the bedroom shutting the door behind her.

She had walked this hallway so many times but today was so different she lived here now, she didn't have to go home later, she was home. She walked down the stairs, her fingers trailing down the rail. She headed for the front door and opened it and walked down the driveway to grab the newspaper. It was so quiet here, compared to where she used to live. It was going to be such a beautiful place to bring up Henry.

She opened the mailbox and grabbed the newspaper. She looked up and waved at the neighbour who awkwardly waved back. She walked back into the house and through into the kitchen, dropping the paper on the counter. Regina said no kitchen but surely getting a coffee wouldn't hurt so she shoved a mug under the coffee machine and set it going. She felt a familiar pair of warm arms around her waist. "Sorry Camz, this is a special occasion I love having you here I didn't mean not to acknowledge it," Lauren said.

"It's ok. I know you're not a morning person, although that might change when Henry is here, I will try my best that he doesn't wake you" Camila smiled. She passed Lauren the coffee she had made and grabbed another mug for herself.

"You don't have to I know things will change a lot with Henry about," Lauren said yawning.

"The paper is on the side if you want it I'm not that bothered it's all doom and gloom, and I don't want anything spoiling my mood today," Camila said.

"Camz tell me you didn't go out like that?" Lauren sighed as she sat down at the breakfast bar.

"Yeah, why the essentials are covered up" Camila shrugged. "I saw the guy next door he didn't complain he smiled and waved."

"I bet he did. I also bet his mood has improved" Lauren laughed. "You will get me a reputation of having half-naked women running around my house."

"There better only be one" Camila teased as she grabbed her coffee and sat down next to Lauren.

"You know there is" Lauren smiled. "I have the sexiest woman alive in my bed why would I want anyone else." Lauren leant forward and kissed Camila on the lips. "So what do you want for our first-morning breakfast? You do know we have to do this all again tomorrow when Henry is home!"

"Yeah, I can't wait, can we have pancakes mmm and bacon," Camila said. Lauren shook her head and got up to get started on it. "I was going to text Shawn later see if he wants dinner at the Diner, then we can tell him about moving in together is that ok with you?"