Chapter 25

Camila sat bolt upright in bed. The sudden movement disturbed Lauren, who rolled over. "Are you in pain?" she asked as she looked up at Camila concerned.

"No, not physical anyway," she said as she stared forward at an empty space on the wall. Lauren looked at the clock four am and inwardly sighed. She sat, pulling the covers closer; it was a chilly night.

"What's up baby? I don't like you in any sort of pain," Lauren said. She took Camila's hand in hers "you need your rest; you know what the doctor said." Her thumb stroked the back of Camila's hand.

"I know what I said, but I think I'm going have to talk to that woman," Camila said. Her eyes now focused on their hands. The smallest touch and Lauren could make her feel safe.

Lauren's head still a little sleepy "you mean your...."

Camila interrupted "Sinuhe! don't say mother she hasn't earned that title. I thought I could just ignore her, but I have so many questions, and I need the answers. But I'm also scared to hear the answers what if they're worse than I thought."

"We will have to deal with that when it happens, Camz," Lauren said.

"When you say we you do mean it don't you, you will come with me?" Camila replied as she turned her body to face Lauren.

"If that's what you want, then, of course, I will but are you sure you don't want it to be just the two of you?" Lauren said.

"No, I need you, Lo, and there is nothing you can't hear," Camila said "I'm going to call her in the morning, and we can meet somewhere."

"Then, of course, I will come with you, but you do know that if you change your mind at any point, I can leave it's fine," Lauren said trying to stifle a yawn.

"I won't change my mind," Camila said. "Sorry I woke you I know you don't like to be woken up I just couldn't sleep."

"Yeah but I also don't want my future wife suffering in silence, so if you wake me for a good reason that's fine" Lauren whispered. She laid down "come here," she said to Camila and gestured for her to lay against her.

"I'm not sure I'm going to be able to sleep" Camila sighed as she laid down next to Lauren. Lauren's hand came up, and she stroked the side of Camila's head and cheek. "What are you doing?"

"It works on you too as it does with Henry at least it did the other night" Lauren chuckled.

"It so does not," Camila said as Lauren continued to stroke her head. Camila didn't want to admit it, but her eyes did feel heavier. A few minutes later she was fighting to keep her eyes open damn she was right was the last thing Camila thought as she succumbed to sleep. Camila's breathing evened out, and soft snores were coming from her. Lauren smirked and kissed her hair as she carefully got comfy and closed her own eyes.

Camila had agreed to meet Sinuhe in the park. They had driven around the park three times now. Lauren looked at her "are you sure you want to do this?" she asked. "Much more babe and we are going to have to get gas!"

"Yep pull up here," Camila said as she wiped her hands down her jeans. Lauren pulled over in the nearest parking space and switched off the engine. Camila unclipped her seatbelt and looked out of the window at the busy park. Lauren got out and walked around to passenger side and opened it. She held her hand out to Camila. She took it and climbed out of the car, taking a deep breath, trying to steady nerves.

"It will be fine Camz you are totally in control, anything you're not happy with we can leave," Lauren said as she pecked her on the lips. They held hands and walked into the park. Camila immediately saw the dark-haired woman sat on one of the benches. Camila pointed her out, and they walked over that way. Sinuhe looked up as they walked over she looked disappointed.