- Calvary: Strategy -

"No one can stop you from doing exactly what you want to do. If you can accept that the cavalry won't come, and if you can be the cavalry, it gives you a chance to be happy." - Mark Duplass
========================================

My heart raced as I sprinted toward the final stretch of the obstacle course.

Every ounce of stamina was being pushed to the limit as I desperately aimed for that finish line at the end of this grueling challenge.

But what I hadn't expected was Y/N's sudden move. He tapped the shoulders of both Kacchan and Todoroki,

And in an instant, the two of them came to a sudden halt. I glanced back in surprise, finding Y/N right behind me, his hand outstretched towards me.

With Kacchan and Todoroki going all out to catch up, we were on the verge of an intense showdown.

As we inched closer to the finish line, Present Mic's enthusiastic voice filled the arena.

"Right now, the first person back in the stadium is..." He began, building anticipation in the crowd.

I saw it. The end of the tunnel was just seconds away. And then...

I made it.

"Izuku Midoriya's made a huge splash!" Present Mic's voice erupted with insane enthusiasm, inciting the crowd to cheer at the top of their lungs.

As I caught my breath, I scanned the stadium, my eyes locking onto All Might in the stands. He looked proud, and the realization hit me.

Tears welled up in my eyes as I listened to the deafening cheers of the audience.

"Again... Damn... Damn it...!" Kacchan muttered under her breath, clearly frustrated.

"And now, they're finishing one after another! We'll make a list of the results later, but for now, good work!" Present Mic's excitement was contagious.

Todoroki glanced at me briefly and then walked away, her expression unreadable.

"Deku! You were amazing!" Uraraka exclaimed as she gasped for breath.

"First place is amazing!" Uraraka praised again.

"I-I-It was nothing..." I stammered out, feeling overwhelmed by the cheers and attention.

'I was just lucky. I just happened to be able to use something I thought I could use. What's amazing was my luck.'

Y/N approached me, looking as if he hadn't broken a sweat. "Congratulations. You did well," he stated calmly.

A blush crept onto my face, and I stammered a response, "Th-thanks..."

Then, Uraraka couldn't help but notice Y/N's lack of exhaustion.

"Wait, Y/N, why do you look like you haven't broken a sweat? You've been running the entire race!"

"Y-yeah, does this have something to do with your 'other' quirk?" I asked, my curiosity piqued.

Y/N nodded, finally explaining, "My quirk allows me to absorb kinetic energy from anything in motion."

"With that energy, I can enhance my own and others' stamina, healing, strength, and more."