- The Battle Tournament: The Start -

"I'm no hero. The world knows all too well about my mistakes. But I was never meant to play the villain." - Erik Prince
===========================================

...As I sat in the waiting room, I remained stoic, my gaze fixed on the pages of a science fiction novel

The words flowed before me, a tale of distant worlds.

However, my attention was divided, a part of me was attuned to the commotion beyond the walls.

"-ey, hey, what's the matter? It's the important first match! Liven things up! Midoriya!" blared Present Mic's vibrant voice through the speakers.

The anticipation in the air was obvious, even seeping into the confines of the waiting room.

Glancing up, I observed the name 'Midoriya' on the screen, realizing it was the match I had somewhat grown interested in

My lack of interest in others' quirks had led me to this point As I Purposefully shrouded myself in mystery regarding the abilities of my fellow contestants.

It made the challenge more genuine and engaging.

The match had begun, and the buzz of excitement outside grew louder, melding with the rhythmic turning of book pages.

Midoriya's tenacity was evident; her resolve was something to be admired.

The first pages of the book filled my vision, but I was not yet immersed.

"Huh? Midoriya stopped just in time!"

The audience was captivated, their reactions fueling the tension of the duel.

My eyes flicked back to the book, absorbing a few more lines before the anticipation of the crowd pulled me once again.

"Shinso is out of bounds, Midoriya advances to the next match," came Midnight's announcement, the verdict rippling through the spectators.

"In the finals, the first person to advance to the second round is Izuku Midoriya from Class 1-A!"

As the enthusiastic cheers and applause filtered through the walls, I closed the book, placing it beside me.

"Yahoo! That was kind of a boring first match, but we should praise them both for a bravely fought match. Clap your hands!"

I leaned back in my chair, contemplating the unfolding events.

This was what the sports festival was all about the thrill of the competition,

The clash of abilities, and the unpredictability of the matches.

Soon, it would be my turn to step into the arena, to face the challenge head-on, armed with my mind and abilities

The anticipation of the unknown was undeniable, and I looked forward to the challenge that lays ahead...

____________________

I continued walking towards the seats near my friends,

Thoughts about the peculiar nine figures I had seen during Shinso's Brainwashing swirling in my mind.

"Oh, Deku! Good work! We saved a seat for you!" Uraraka greeted cheerfully.

"Thanks, Uraraka," I replied, taking note of someone missing.

"Hey, do you know where L/N is?" I asked

"He said he didn't want to witness your match... don't know why though. But I'm sure he had his reasons," Uraraka answered, leaving me puzzled by his decision.