After hearing this, Lin Sanzhu felt a little at ease, "As long as you don't get used to it, just don't get used to it."
  After thinking about it, he said again, "Yuan Qiu, how about asking Ping An to follow you here tomorrow?"
  Lin Yuanqiu shook his head, "No, come here. We can only wait at the door, let him help with the work at home."
  In the past few days, Lin Dazhu and the others started making bookmark wood chips again. Ping An's hands and feet are very nimble, and he can help grind a lot of wood chips every time.
  "Dad, this is for you." Lin Yuanqiu handed over the oil paper bag in his hand.
  "What is this?" Lin Sanzhu took it.
  "The lotus leaf chicken was cooked in the official kitchen. My son tasted it delicious, so I wanted to buy it for you to try."
  Lin Yuanqiu thought about it and said, "Originally, my son wanted to buy a few more, so that he could give them to his mother and grandparents. It’s a pity that there are only so many.”
  Lin Sanzhu, after hearing that it was lotus leaf chicken, couldn’t help but smile. He knew that his dog was a very filial person, so he said this The lotus leaf chicken was so delicious that my son remembered it.
  Lin Sanzhu put the oil paper bag close to the tip of his nose and smelled it. Well, it was fragrant and had a faint salty aroma. It must be very "It's okay, wait until you get
  home, Dad Just share it with your mother and your grandparents."
  ...
  The Hanlin Academy is a place where you can be leisurely and busy. Anyway, compiling history is not something that can be accomplished overnight. It takes a day to be slow and orderly, and it takes a day to be vigorous and resolute. It mainly depends on you. How to arrange it yourself.
  Lin Yuanqiu did not let himself act resolutely, nor did he push off today's things to tomorrow like others, because he knew that if people have the idea of ​​"tomorrow, tomorrow", then all your expectations and success will always be away from you. Tomorrow is so far away.
  Therefore, since the day he entered the Hanlin Academy on duty, Lin Yuanqiu has never been lazy in studying history. He studied documents, excerpted and transcribed them, and carried out them in an orderly manner every day.
  When we are busy, time always flies by so fast. It feels like half a year has passed in the blink of an eye.
  In this short half year, Lin Yuanqiu's history compilation process has gone from the previous steps of compiling series catalogues, marking events, and selecting historical materials and annotating them under the events, to now organizing the editor and starting to write the main text according to the series catalogues. . In fact, this is not the main text. Strictly speaking, this should be the draft of the book. The final manuscript can only be finalized after the pen is sharpened and then reviewed by Fang Zhangyuan.
  In the past period, every time a colleague came to the palace to preach to the Holy Spirit, everyone would look at him with great envy.
  But such a look had never appeared on Lin Yuanqiu's face.
  ...

Chapter 160: Face to Face (1)
  The reason why Lin Yuanqiu is not envious is not that he thinks envy is useless, but that there is really nothing to envy.
  It is said that being with a king is like being with a tiger. Even though you are close to the emperor, it is easier for him to see your strengths and you will get more opportunities for promotion. But if you make a wrong step, what awaits you is probably to lose everything. Even if he was simply punished, it would leave a bad impression in the emperor's mind, and it would be impossible to recover from it.
  Therefore, it is wise to stay as far away from this kind of "dangerous wall" as possible.

  Lin Yuanqiu has always been a very realistic person. In his opinion, it is not easy to pass the Jinshi examination, so the next thing to do is how to keep this "iron rice bowl".
  Therefore, doing his duty well and working hard to revise the history books is what he should do next.
  As for the road to promotion and other struggles, it will basically not be started.
  After spending just half a year in the Hanlin Academy, Lin Yuanqiu learned that there were several "former No. 1 Scholars" who had studied history here for many years. Watching them go up the clock on time every day, and then set off the clock at a fixed time. During the break of writing history, they would often make a pot of tea and slowly enjoy the fragrance of the tea. Although it is not the best tea, it is so comfortable. But it cannot be faked.
  So what's wrong with a day like this?
  Furthermore, the reason why I went to school in the first place was so that I didn’t have to be busy in the fields every day and had to do endless corvee labor, not to mention that I didn’t have to do anything because of my low status.
  Now that these goals have been achieved, what is there for him to be dissatisfied with? Next, Lin Yuanqiu believes that he only needs to manage his life well.
  Therefore, he really did not envy him at all about preaching on the Bible and history, and he had never thought about doing so.
  However, some things cannot be avoided if you want to. Lin Yuanqiu never thought that he would soon have to face that "dangerous wall" honestly.
  On this day, the Holy Emperor asked Eunuch Wu who was beside him to deliver an oral message to the Hanlin Academy, and asked the bachelor of the academy to arrange for someone to come to the palace to lecture on classics and history.
  Naturally, Fang Zhangyuan did not delay, and quickly sent Yang Yan, the lecturer at the meeting. A bachelor of lectures at the Hanlin Academy, a fourth-grade official, was in charge of studying history for the emperor, explaining classics and history, and preparing advisors to respond.
  There are two bachelor's lecturers in the Hanlin Academy. Usually, unless the emperor names them, Yang Yan is usually assigned by Fangzhangyuan. After all, Mr. Wang Ge still has to give him face.
  And Yang Yan was refreshed and happy when he set off.
  The envy of many people soon began again.
  Needless to say, Shu Jishi, all their eyes followed the figure of Bachelor Yang until they left the Hanlin Academy gate.
  However, their envy was not mixed in the slightest. The main reason was that there was no conflict of interest between them and Bachelor Yang. The Shujishi had no rank and were only given a seventh-grade salary. To put it bluntly, they were just doing odd jobs in the Hanlin Academy.
  After three years of disbandment, only those who have the ability can become a real Hanlin, and others can only be assigned.
  In addition to the pure envy of the concubines, there are also some people whose envy is mixed with jealousy, such as another minister, Hu Chenghuan, two ministers, two ministers, and several others like Lin Yuanqiu. Compilation.
  There is no fixed number of editors in the Hanlin Academy. Counting Lin Yuanqiu, there are currently seven people. The reason why I stayed in the Hanlin Academy for seven or eight years was that, except for a few who were content with the status quo, the rest were those who had no means and did not want to be released from small towns, so they were always waiting for the opportunity to show their talents in front of the Holy Master. Woolen cloth.
  But except for the time when they were admitted to the Jinshi Golden Palace, they had never had the opportunity to enter the palace in the past few years, let alone how to behave in front of the Holy Emperor.
  So how can you not be envious and jealous?
  As for the editors such as Ding Dejin and Gu Ping, they mostly observed secretly. After all, their duties did not include giving lectures on scriptures and history to the emperor.
  But Lin Yuanqiu, who was writing hard at the moment, didn't pay attention to the calling from the saints at all.
  In the past few days, Lin Yuanqiu has been copying the manuscripts he had compiled before, and he did not dare to be distracted in the slightest.
  You know, this is a history book that will be passed down to future generations. If something goes wrong, it will make people laugh.
  I thought it wouldn’t be long before Yang