Maybe it was because Huang Jiaoyu mentioned to everyone today that there were still three months left until Qiuwei. Lin Yuanqiu saw that the Shouwen Pavilion, which used to be packed with seats, was now empty. I guess everyone had gone to the dormitory to study after lunch. .
  Lin Yuanqiu is also planning to take part in the autumn festival in August. The examination for candidates is no different from the examination for young students and scholars. Basically, they have the opportunity to take the examination every year. The provincial examination only takes place every three years. If you miss it, you will have to wait for another three years, so Lin Yuanqiu does not want to miss every opportunity to take the examination. Even if there was little hope of passing the exam, he still wanted to try it just to gain experience.
  Before returning to his room, Lin Yuanqiu went to the concierge first, and then heard from Uncle Zhang that someone had sent him a letter.
  Considering that it had not been long since the government examination results were released, Lin Yuanqiu had a hunch that the person who wrote the letter should be Zhou Zixu.
  Sure enough, when he got the letter, he saw the words "Yours truly, Brother Lin" written on the outside of the envelope.
  Looking at the elegant and unrestrained font, I guess it was written in a very excited mood. So, Zhou Zixu must have won the exam this time.
  Back in the room, Lin Yuanqiu couldn't wait to open the letter and read it at a glance. When he saw the words "Made in the List" and "Sixth Place", Lin Yuanqiu was extremely happy.
  After all, with Zhou Zixu's knowledge, he should have been on this list three years ago. It's a pity that fate played a trick on people. When Zhou Zixu was preparing to take the imperial examination, his grandmother, who had not recovered from the cold, suddenly became ill and unfortunately passed away.
  According to Dajing law, after the death of a grandmother, the grandchildren must observe mourning for one year. If they are candidates, they must observe the mourning period before they can continue their careers. \Si\Rabbit\Documents\Shared\Online\Read\
  Originally everyone thought that after the one-year period, Zhou Zixu would continue to take the government examination, but no one expected that this The filial piety lasted for three years.
  Lin Yuanqiu knew that this was the reluctance of a grandson towards his grandmother who had always loved him.
  ...

Chapter 83 The Golden Mean
  After reading the letter roughly, Lin Yuanqiu sat at the table and read it carefully again.
  In the letter, Zhou Zixu said that he was not going to go to the county school. The reason was that he wanted to go directly to the government school like Brother Lin. Because he also wanted to learn horse riding and archery, but there were no six arts in the county school.
  Zhou Zixu also said that he would take part in the next college examination. If he is lucky enough to win, then we can study together again immediately. Finally, Zhou Zixu also asked how often fish is cooked in the canteen of Fu Xue. It would be better if it could be eaten more often in Zi Qing Guan.
  How often do you cook fish?
  Lin Yuanqiu did the math and found that the last fish roasting was half a month ago, so he would definitely be disappointed when Zhou Zixu comes over.
  But it’s okay. If you really want to eat fish, you can go to a restaurant in the city. If you order fish alone and add rice, the price is not expensive.
  After arriving here, Lin Yuanqiu has eaten there several times, and he also knows which restaurant has the best fish grill.
  So when Zhou Zixu came over, I took him over to try it.
  After collecting the letters, Lin Yuanqiu took out a stack of cut rice paper from the drawer and prepared to draw more bookmark patterns.
  After all, it will be autumn in three months, and he will definitely spend the next time preparing for the exam. And the bookmark business at home cannot be delayed, so it is better to take a few days to draw more patterns and save them.

  To be honest, Lin Yuanqiu never expected that fine bookmarks would remain so popular.
  The reason why I originally came up with the idea of ​​supplying goods in batches was because I didn’t want others to imitate it too quickly.
  Unexpectedly, many students have now begun to enjoy the fun of collecting bookmarks, and they don’t want to miss any of them, so they are ready to put together a complete set and collect them.
  So many times, once the goods are delivered here, they are all sold out in less than half a day. On several occasions, all the goods that were originally reserved for bookstores in the county were sold. The level of sales made shopkeeper Gao, an experienced businessman with extensive experience in the business world, really amazed.
  Now, in order to be able to supply goods, there is no other embroidery work at home, and everyone is busy with bookmarks.
  This time Lin Yuanqiu is planning to produce another set of bookmarks with pictures of ladies. Different from the last set of single character pictures, this time he wants to add a background to each character so that it looks more refined.
  In fact, it is not easy to draw a clear character's face and facial features on a small piece of paper that is two inches wide and five inches long. For this reason, Lin Yuanqiu specially bought a fine pen for writing hairpin flowers in small regular script, and added his own solid painting skills Only with the basics can you draw rich expressions such as a smile like a flower or a spring breeze blowing on your face.
  In order to get better lighting, Lin Yuanqiu specially moved the wooden table closer to the window, so even if the door is closed, it will not affect the painting.
  Students in Fu Xue all have one dormitory per person, and each room is divided into two rooms, inside and outside. In this way, if there are students with servants, the outer room can be just right for the servants to live.
  Lin Yuanqiu was alone, so the smaller room outside became a place for him to study and paint. For this reason, Lin Yuanqiu specially moved the table in the back room. After merging the two tables together, he could paint landscape paintings with a full four-foot width.
  Although he is not in Hengxi Town, Lin Yuanqiu's business of selling paintings has not been lost.
  With the idea of ​​​​cooking food rather than cooking it raw, and the price given by shopkeeper Hu was always good, Lin Yuanqiu went to him to talk to him before coming to Fucheng.
  Of course, Shopkeeper Hu had a pained expression on his face. In the past two years, he had earned a lot of money from the paintings of Taoyuanshan people. But when he heard Lin Yuanqiu said that he would go to Fucheng next, he immediately smiled. , Fucheng is great. His third brother is here in Fucheng.
  At that moment, Shopkeeper Hu was particularly fortunate that several brothers in his family were engaged in calligraphy and painting business. Therefore, in addition to the second brother who opened a shop in the county town, there was also a third brother who also opened a calligraphy and painting shop in Fucheng.
  Immediately, shopkeeper Hu repaired a letter and asked Lin Yuanqiu to take it. He asked him to go directly to his third brother's shop when he has paintings. He also said, "Little friend, you must remember to go to my third brother's shop!"
  Lin Yuanqiu's idea was to go and take a look first. If this person was as honest and truthful as Shopkeeper Hu, then he would sell the painting to his shop. If he is a philistine, then he might as well find someone else.
  Fortunately, shopkeeper Xiao Hu did not disappoint him. Now Lin Yuanqiu has gone to his shop to sell paintings more than a dozen times.
  As for the Bodhisattva portraits, most of the business is from Shopkeeper Hu. Every time someone places an order, after a certain amount is collected, shopkeeper Hu will ask the shop assistant to deliver the order's pen, ink, paper and inkstone to Sandi's shop in Fucheng. Then when Lin Yuanqiu goes to the shop, he can just put the order in Next.
  Although this approach was a lot of trouble, Shopkeeper Hu didn't find it annoying at all. It's a joke. It's troublesome to earn money. Maybe your head was kicked by a donkey.
  The same is true for Lin Yuanqiu. With money to earn, he can patiently draw exquisite patterns on no matter how small a piece of drawing paper is.
  Thinking of earning money, Lin Yuanqiu stopped painting, then went to the inner room and took out the Analects of Confucius book from the box. There were a lot of banknotes in it.
  Lin Yuanqiu opened the book and counted one by one, five taels, five taels, ten taels, twenty taels... Lin Yuanqiu stopped when he turned to another 10-tael banknote. This money was not earned by selling paintings, but was given to him by his grandma before he left home.
  He was told to keep it well and buy whatever he wanted to eat or use.
  Lin Yuanqiu did not refuse. Although he had nearly two hundred taels of silver saved, there was no conflict with whether he would accept the money or not.
  In Lin Yuanqiu's view, some