17 ; cooking

[Stella's POV]

I got up early, like at 6:00 in the morning because I need to make sure that Sunhee eat her meds. I go to the room where Sunhee and Sunoo were located, and make a check on those two.

Their fever hasn't gone down yet. They are still burning. I wake Sunhee eonni up, and feed her medicine. Then, I wet the dry towel, to wipe her face and body, since people with fever cannot take a shower.

After that, I go to the kitchen, looking at the ingredients there. There's not much I can make from the ingredient that they have. I want to make some chicken soup and porridge for the sick people. But, for your information, I cannot cook.

I go to wake Jay up. He's my only hope right now since he can cook.

"Oppa, wake up." I wake him up softly, not wanting the other to wake up.

"Hm? Why are you up so early Suna-ya?" He said while rubbing his eyes.

"Can you help me?" I said with a puppy eyes.

He then wake up from his sleep to help me.

"What do you want me to do?" He said walking to the living room.

"Can you teach me how to cook?" He showed me his 'Huh?' face that make want to snap it.

"I want to cook something for eonni and oppa's breakfast." I said explaining myself after looking at his face.

"What do you want to cook?" He asked.

"Chicken soup and porridge." I replied.

He check for the ingredient online and list all of them. I just look at his focused face.

"I will buy this ingredient first. You wait for me here." He said. I, at first want to buy it, but since he said like that, then I guess I need to wait here.

"You're here." I said as soon as he enter the house, wanting to lend him a hand but he refuses.

He went to the kitchen and show me how to cook rice.

"Put 1.5 cups of rice in the rice cooker."

"Then, you wash it until the water is clear."

"After that, this is the important step, you need to measure the water correctly."

I followed all the step that he taught with patience.

"How do I know the water measurement?" I said clumsily while holding the rice cooker in my hand.

"Aigoo, just put the rice cooker down." He said worrying about me spilling the rice in the rice cooker.

"You measure the water using your finger. Make sure the depth of the water and the depth of the rice is equal. Like this." He show me the example, then he removed the water for me to try again.

He is so patient with me. If it were other person, I'm sure they will not ask me to cook and just told me to order from the apps.

"You need to cook the chicken now, while waiting for the rice to cook." He said, and I quickly clean the chicken.

After rinsing the chicken about 5 times, I told him that I've done.

"Now you need to boil it until it cooked, to make chicken stock for our porridge later." He said.

I put some water in the pot and the chicken that I've rinse earlier. I set the stove to mid heat.

While waiting for it to cook, Jay and me has a serious conversation.

"Why did you suddenly want me to teach you how to cook?" He asked.

"Umm, since I need to take care of eonni, I need to learn how to cook home-cooked meals. And from now on, I want to make sure that we can have a proper meals." I said while playing with the spoon in front of me.

"Ah, I see. You're so caring, like not others youngest child." He said, patting my head.

"I need to, since eonni and oppa only have me." I said smiling at him.

"I think our chicken stock is ready." He said.

We both then continue our cooking. Our rice also has cooked. I put the rice into a bowl, allowing them to cool down. Jay set up the pot for cooking the porridge.

He put a large amount of the chicken stock into the pot, and he put the rice in it. For the chicken soup, he ask me to season it with ginger, and garlic.

Not long after that, our meals were done. I am honestly grateful for his help, and felt a bit sorry since I wake him up pretty early in the morning.

Before eating, I washed myself, and go to wake up the others after that.