龍 23龙

- Someone from the palace is here for Lady Ruolan, a servant bowed.

Ruolan choked on her food while her parents looked at each other with worry.

Why is it always me? I was finally allowed to eat good food!

- Bring him here, her father spoke.

A few of the Dragon Guards entered the house, surprising everyone.

- Wuxian? Ruolan tilted her head.

- Greetings, he politely bowed. I hope Lady Feng feels better.

- Y-yes! Ruolan stuttered at the threatening glare of her mother. I feel w-wondeful!

- These are some medicines that our Young Master ordered us to bring you, along with some instructions about what to eat, do, and avoid.

Her eyes almost popped out of their place.

He did what?! No no Mother is going to hate me more now!

- We are so sorry to have bothered General Wang with our daughter, General Feng nervously smiled. It is not the first time.

- Our Young Master is very aware of the strong friendship between Ladies Feng and Her Highness, The Sixth Princess. Seeing her friend in pain made Her Highness sad and worried she might not attend her wedding in good shape. General Wang wanted to comfort his sister and make sure Lady Feng feels better. 

- That is so kind of General Wang, Mr. Feng thanked. Please send him my sincere gratitude and greetings.

Wuxian walked and gave the box to Yuanyi, Ruolan's personal maid.

- We will take our leave now, The guards bowed then followed him outside.

- Ruolan, Jingyi nervously pulled her arm. Let's go treat you with General Wang's medicine!

She looked at Yuanyi and mouthed her to quickly follow them before her aunt gets angry again.

*****

- Done! Jingyi spoke. How do you feel now?

- I actually feel better, Ruolan smiled. The wounds hurt less.

- From what is written, Jingyi grabbed the prescription, This powder is a mix of herbs that will help you regain strength and feel healthier. I will go and make you a soup with it.

- Can I still have the chicken from lunch? I didn't even have a bite of it, Ruolan cried.

- The prescription says nothing about what to avoid eating, so I think it's fine.

- Thank god!

- Now that I think about it, General Wang is not the type to do something like this without any intention. From the rumors, the only females he is nice to are his mother, Yuanqian, and The Empress. Why do you think he did all of this?

- I-I don't know! Ruolan stuttered. Wuxian said it was because Yuanqian was worried s-so it must be that.

- Now that I think about it, he has saved you twice now. And he seems less strict around you. Do you think ... He likes you?!

Ruolan was about to yell but was too quick and choked on her breath. She coughed a few times, every cough followed by a yelp of pain, before drinking the water her cousin handed her.

- Why would you say something like this? Ruolan rolled her eyes.

- Why not? It's possible.

- It's not! There is no way! Never!

- Okay, okay.

*****

- The guards outside search everything before letting anyone enter Hua County now, Song talked. It seems like they are thinking of executing their plan soon.

- Young Master, shouldn't we tell His Majesty about it? Wuxian added.

- Not now, Longwei stared at the jade pendant in his hand. The wedding is soon and Xiao Li is confirmed to be present. He is coming back in four days. They are waiting for us to be too distracted after the marriage and not react quickly enough. Plus, his wife and son are still here. He needs to take them back before striking. I will tell His Majesty after the wedding.

- Undertood, the two guards nodded.

- You might not get a honeymoon, Wuxian laughed at Song.

- But I'll have a wife at least, Song teased him.

- How do you feel Song? Lonwei continued. Ready to become my brother-in-law?

- More than ever, a slight smile grew on his face.

- My sister might feel upset seeing this happy when you both are banned from seeing each other now.

- It's just ten days. We will have a lifetime together, so I don't mind.

- Dear god, Wuxian rolled his eyes.

- You should get married too, Wuxian, Longwei hid his smirk.

- Stop teasing me you both. I will get married and shut you both up.

- Don't you need to find a wife first? Song smirked.

Song laughed as Wuxian glared at him. Longwei smiled, looking back at the jade pendant.

The warmth of Ruolan's body in his embrace flashed back through his mind.

Her sweet smile. Her clumsy behavior. Her love for his sister and her family.

- Song, Wuxian, he called. There is something I need to discuss with you.

- Yes, Young Master.

Wuxian stopped, seeing the serious expression on his general's face.

- How do ... hum ... How can you court a girl?