龍 22 龙

- 10 beatings?! Yuanqian's eyes widened.

- Yes- Ouch.

- But why? Liangqi and Yuchang are the ones who should have received them, not you!

- My mother really hates trouble and this time I managed to get into problems involving The Emepror so ...

- That's not fair! How do you feel now?

- I still can't move, but I was finally able to eat this morning.

- Permit me to say that your mother went overboard with this. You almost lost your life and came back weak and sick. How could she do this to you?

- It's nothing. I'm used to it.

Ruolan smiled at her friend who stayed worried about her.

- Let's stop talking about this. What's new?

- Well ... Yuchang didn't believe Father was serious about her punishment and got out of her room. So he cut down her allowance by half.

- That should have been a nightmare for her who likes to show off and dress like a peacock.

- And I'm also getting married.

- YOU'RE WHA- Ouch! The pain stopped Ruolan. To who? Since when? How?

- Song. Since two days ago, right after you left the palace. And I myself don't know. I only know that Longwei convinced Father to let me get engaged to him.

- And did you say yes? 

- Well ... Yuanqian shyly smiled. I have liked him for a long time. I wasn't going to say no.

- You never told me anything about this, Ruolan pouted and turned her head away.

- It's not that! Yuanqian explained. Song said it was impossible and that I should forget about him so I tried to! I never expected this to happen.

- I hope I'm invited to your wedding at least.

- Of course, you are! You, Jingyi, and your whole family are to attend.

- Now-Ouch. Tell me more about that Song.

*****

- Song! Yuanqian happily called.

- You are back? He asked with a little smile on his face. Did you have fun?

- Yes! I also got to taste Jingyi's cooking. It was amazing!

Someone coughed, grabbing their attention. Yuanqian turned to see her brother frowning at them while Wuxian held his laughter.

- Am I invisible? He raised an eyebrow. Or do you not care anymore since you have a fiancé now?

- Absolutely not, Gege, Yuanqian cheekily held his arm. I was just excited and didn't see you.

Longwei rolled his eyes, internally amused by her behavior.

- How is Lady Feng? Longwei asked.

- I couldn't believe it! Yuanqian dramatically gasped. She is the one who almost died! She was so cold when she returned home, but do you know what her mother did? She beat her! And ten times at that!

Longwei's eyes filled with worry as he listened to his sister's words.

- How is she now? He asked.

- Her body hurts a lot. Jingyi also told me that the injuries caused her fever to rise higher. I hope she can attend the wedding.

- There are still two weeks left, Song comforted her. She will get better, don't worry.

*****

- Xiao Li resigned and left for Hua County, Song spoke. He has been staying very close to Magistrate Sheng.

- So you weren't lying, Longwei bent down to the chained man lying on the ground. Now listen to me quite well, I'll get you some men to take to Guo Village. Do everything to make them join Xiao Li's troops. From now on, you're working for me, not him. Dare to do one wrong move and I'll get your little family hanged. Understood?

- Y-yes ... The man spoke with difficulty, both tired and scared.

They got out of the dungeon and headed back to their training camp.

- Wuxian, Longwei remembered. Get the physician. I have an errand for you.