龍 05 龙

- My Mother was furious that day! If Father and our brothers didn't stop her, she would have killed me.

The Sixth Princess laughed harder whereas Jingyi smiled at the memory.

- Your Mother needed three men to stop her? The princess laughed.

- Not just them. The servants also had to step in. Luckily, Jingyi calmed her down with her sweet words and I received a less harsh punishment.

- Aunt Yifei has a soft heart, Jingyi smiled. You just need to say what she likes to hear.

- I need to visit your home one day, the princess said. The Feng mansion sounds lively!

- We don't dare Your Highness, Jingyi shook her head. Our home is small and uncomfortable for a royal like you.

- I told you to stop being so formal! We are friends now. You can call me Yuanqian.

- I think it's not right Your Highness. If you insist on being friends, we shall call you Lady Yang. That's more respectful of your status.

- If it makes you feel better, call me whatever you like.

- By the way Yuanqian, Ruolan said, earning a glare from her cousin. Aren't you supposed to stay with your sisters for the banquet?

- Not really. The ones I get along with aren't here.

- The other princesses? Ruolan asked. Which ones? I don't really know much about them.

- Okay listen, Yuanqian explained. The Empress has three daughters: The First, Third, and Fourth Princesses. They are the ones I get along with. But none of them could attend since they got busier after getting married. She also has two sons: The Crown Prince and Second Prince. Then there are Consort Yue's daughters that you met today. She also has two sons: The Third and Fourth princes. Then there is me, the Sixth princess, the only child of Consort Lin with the Emperor.

- Is the Second Princess the only one hostile toward you? Jingyi asked

- No. The Fifth Princess too. Actually, all of Consort Yue's children despise me. The consort herself. Especially my brother. I, at least, have royal blood. But not him. They are upset to see His Majesty treat him like a son when they are not blood-related.

- Then shouldn't the Crown Prince be the first one to despise General Wang? Ruolan commented.

- The Crown Prince respects my brother a lot. They share the same opinions and he has supported his words in court numerous times. Gege also saved his life twice in the past. He feels indebted to him.

- So only Consort Yue's children are the annoying ones?

- Ruolan! Jingyi scolded her.

- I mean ... Yes. But it's just ironic. No matter how much the Second Princess hates me, her cousin is head over heels for my brother and is trying to set them together. She herself would have married him if they didn't share a sibling, who happens to be me. I like to think that's why she hates me and feels even more joyous.

- You are so ... We are going to get along very well! Ruolan smiled at the princess.

- I look forward to spending more time with you two, the princess smiled at her new friends. I'll be present at the Horse Festival. Let's meet there.

The three girls giggled in excitement, antcipating the coming event.