龍 04 龙

- I have to say you were quite bold for that. Not many people dare to talk back to the princesses no matter how spoiled and arrogant they can be. But you did it in such a clever way ... I feel satisfied.

- Aren't you going to ... Scold me, Your Highness? Ruolan froze in her place.

- Why would I? I despise the Second Princess more than anyone in this castle. She is immature and disrespectful. We are both daughters of Imperial Consorts yet she acts so superior towards me. Even the empress's children aren't as hostile as she is. Seeing you humiliate her is a sign.

- A sign?

- Yes. For us to become friends! Yuanqian clapped her hands. What do you think, Lady Feng? Or perhaps you don't want to befriend the unwanted daughter of the imperial family?

- Absolutely not, Your Highness! It would be an honor to get acquainted with a beautiful and humorous lady such as Your Highness.

- Let's drop the formalities then. You can call me Yuanqian, but not in front of another imperial member. They might think it's too much.

- Of course! Yuanqian.

*****

- Report, a guard entered the room, bowing to his boss.

- Speak, General Wang nodded.

- Xiao Li's men were seen leaving the capital once again. The carriages this time were more prominent in size and number. They seem to be heading to Hua County.

- Send a messenger to Magistrate Sheng. Inform him of our suspicions and make sure to keep an eye on those men's actions.

- Yes, Master! The guard bowed then left.

- Xiao Li is really cunning yet clever, General Wang's first right man shook his head. Where did he get the money to buy all those things and why is he sending everything to Hua County? I haven't heard anything about him being promoted there.

- Why do you think we're keeping an eye on him then? Song, The second right man rolled his eyes.

- I know! I'm just saying. Do you know how hard it is to face him every day and not be able to interrogate him? The curiosity is killing me slowly, it's like torture.

- Wuxian, General Wang looked at him with a threatening look. If you can't bear the curiosity killing you, I could make the process faster.

- Please don't, Wuxian nervously smiled.

Song sighed and looked away, embarrassed by his friend.