龍 18 龙

- Master, Wuxian said. They might start to get suspicious. We caught all the people they sent out. I don't think they will send someone else.

- Did any of them speak? Longwei asked.

- No.

Longwei glared at the five prisoners in front of him. They were the men caught coming out of the forest. Their hands were chained to the wall, clothes torn and full of blood, showing the traces of the long hours of torture they had suffered through.

- Do they have families? Longwei asked.

He noticed one of the men move, smirking.

- We should bring them and kill them here, he continued. Then I'll let you all join them in the underworld. Kind of like a family reunion.

The four men didn't budge, while the last one tried to stand up.

- I ... will speak, he tried to talk. Please ... Don't hurt them ...

Longwei grabbed his sword, approaching the four men. He slit their throats as the last one watched in fear.

- I'm all ears, he bent down to him.

*****

- Achoo! Ruolan sneezed again.

- Have more warm water, Yuanqian handed her a cup.

Ruolan was in her friend's room who insisted that they stay together. The maids prepared a bed and warm drinks for her, making her feel at ease.

- Your Highness, a servant bowed. Your mother is asking for you.

- Will you be fine alone? Yuanqian asked.

- Yes. I'll just stay here and read my mother's letter.

- I'll be back quickly!

Yuanqian ran to her mother's room. Ruolan grabbed the letter that the messenger came back with. She didn't dare to read it in front of Yuanqian. Luckily, she didn't ask any questions.

She got up and left the room, taking a walk around the Southern Plaace's garden. She leaned on a handrail, opening the message.

"You can not imagine how embarrassed and disappointed your father and I are. We trusted you and asked you to not create trouble. But you choose to make half the royal family your enemy. You are lucky that the Emperor spared your life, but do you think we will choose you over his daughter? You are putting the whole family's reputation and lives in danger. How could you be so careless? Look at how mature Jingyi is. I do not expect you to be as good as she is, but can't you do something good for once? If it weren't for Her Majesty's order, I would have come and dragged you by your hair from the palace to the house.

We will talk tomorrow. Make sure to not create any more trouble. And I'm not going easy on you anymore in your punishments."

- As expected ... She looked at the sky.

Her eyes watered as she stared at the moon.

I will never be enough ...