龍 16 龙

- Nice shot, Wang, Wu praised.

They were hunting with the Princes while the girls watched and talked.

So far, Longwei and the Crown Prince were doing better than the others.

- Ladies Feng, Princess Yuchang approached them. We are going on a walk around the lake. It's lovely. Care to join us?

Jingyi looked at Ruolan who hesitantly nodded. 

Liangqi and her two cousins slowed their pace and went behind them.

As soon as they got close to the lake, The Fifth Princess pulled Jingyi away while Yuchang pushed her step-sister further.

Ruolan turned and was face to face with Liangqi, who immediately pushed her to the water.

Ruolan didn't know how to swim. Worse, her clothes were weighing over her and her legs got trapped in the waterweeds.

- Ruolan! Jingyi yelled.

She tried to run to her cousin but the princess was stronger than her. She yelled and screamed, crying for help.

- Someone! Yuanqian yelled. Help! 

Ruolan fought and tried to get to the surface, but her body only pulled her lower.

- Save me ... She tried to say ... Please ...

*****

- What's this? Longwei turned as a sudden scream attracted his attention.

- Their majesties are just playing around with Ladies Feng, a servant nervously faked a smile.

- This doesn't sound like yells of joy, Wu commented.

Longwei signaled everyone to be quieter, focusing on the sounds.

His hearing was very sharp and precise. He quickly recognized his sister's voice.

- Someone is drowning in the lake! He ran towards the direction of the sound.

Everyone ran behind him and stopped at the scene in front of them.

Jingyi and Yuanqian were crying and yelling, held by the princesses.

- What's going on here?! The Crown Prince yelled.

They nervously let the girls go and Jingyi knelt before them, begging.

- My sister! Jingyi yelled and cried. Save her, please!

Longwei looked at the water and saw a piece of clothing floating on its surface. His eyes widened as he noticed the body underwater.

Before anyone could say anything, he jumped in. He held the body and swam upward, returning it to the surface.

- Ruolan, he shook her body. Ruolan, open your eyes!

He swam toward the land and his men helped them get off.

He shook her body and checked her, but she didn't budge.

Jingyi crawled to her, hugging her body.

Yuchang fell on her knees, losing her balance. Song ran to her and helped her stand up.

- Song ... She begged him. Help her, please ...

- She is still alive, Longwei checked.

- Let me try something, Young Master.

Song approached the body and placed his hands on her chest, compressing it numerous times.

- What are you doing? Jingyi yelled, thinking he was hurting her.

Song continued until the water came out of her mouth. She opened her eyes, wide, choking for breath.

- Ruolan? Jingyi hugged her. Are you okay? How do you feel?

- I ... Ruolan tried to say ... Lips ...

- What? Yuanqian knelt next to her. What is it?

- It tastes ... Like mud ...

Longwei looked at her in disbelief.

She almost died and this is all she has to say?

She coughed then passed out in her cousin's arms, who got more scared.

- She will be fine, Song explained. She needs rest for now.

- Thank you so much, Jingyi cried.

- Thank you, Song, Yuanqian warmly smiled at him.

He looked at her for a few seconds, then got up, looking away.

- What happened here? The Crown Prince finally asked.

Yuanqian got up and looked at him, glaring at her sisters with fire in her eyes.

- We should let Father deal with this, she angrily said. Because if I do it myself, I might end up jailed or executed.