龍 19 龙

- Are we supposed to stand here? Wuxian whispered to Song.

- Be quiet. Master will kill us if we make a sound, Song whispered back.

- But what are we waiting for? Wuxian asked, confused. 

- Isn't it obvious?

- No. I think we look like perverts.

- For God's sake ...

Longwei ignored their whispers and looked at Ruolan.

He was on his way to his room when he saw her standing there in the garden, looking as beautiful as ever under the dim moonlight.

She seemed to be reading something. He could clearly see her facial features shift to a bittersweet expression on her face as her eyes studied the words.

But he didn't expect to see tears fall down her eyes.

His eyes widened as he heard her cries. Without thinking twice, he carefully took a few steps towards her.

- Lady Feng? He called her, surprising himself by the soft tone he used.

She looked up, with teary eyes and a red nose. Overwhelmed by her emotions and the rough day she had, she completely broke down in front of him.

He blinked his eyes in panic, not knowing what to do. He clumsily pulled her to him, wrapping his arms around her.

- WHAT THE- Wuxian was cut by Song's hand which covered his mouth.

Song signaled him to shut up. They looked at their master who was tightly embracing the girl.

- Let it all out, he whispered in her ear.

She cried harder, feeling her walls break down in his embrace.

And she let everything out. The accident in the lake. Her mother's letter. The fear of getting her father in trouble. The fear of losing everything. The fear of never being enough.

She cried until there were no tears left.

He let go of her and took out his handkerchief, giving it to her. She took it without any words and wiped her tears.

- I'm sorry ... She sniffed.

He didn't say anything and took off his black cape. He placed it on her, tying the laces to keep her warm. She stared at him, not used to his gestures being soft.

- Do you feel better? He asked.

- Yes. Thank you ...

Longwei gave her a comforting smile.

Wuxian's eyes almost came out of their place as he saw the curve of his master's lips. Song's jaw fell to the ground. They looked at each other, the shock being too much.

- Ruolan? A voice called.

- That's Yuanqian, Ruolan looked away. I ... I should probably ...

She shyly bowed and turned away, running to her friend.

Longwei stared at her, until she got in, the same smile still on his lips.

*****

- I can't believe you betrayed us, Wuxian crossed his arms. And you didn't tell us anything!

- There is nothing to tell, Longwei rolled his eyes.

- What do you mean there is nothing? Wuxian yelled. You hugged her! You gave her your cape! YOU SMILED AT HER! 

The intimate moment flashed back in Longwei's mind, making a faint smile grow on his lips.

- SEE?! You are smiling again! Oh my god ...

- Stop being so dramatic, Song rolled his eyes. What's wrong with being in love?

- Master is falling in love, Wuxian scratched his forehead. Then you will fall in love too and I'll be left alone.

- Don't worry, Song sighed. My love is forbidden so I'll just stay single my whole life with you.

- That's my friend- WAIT WHAT?! What love?!

- Yes, Longwei sharply looked at him straight in the eyes. What love, Song?

- It's just ... He coughed, feeling embarrassed. I have feelings for someone but we can't be together.

- Is she a noble of high rank? Wuxian asked. Did her father reject you?

- No.

- Then was she the one to reject you?

- No.

- So you didn't even try? Longwei hardened his gaze.

- What's the point when you already know it's impossible? Song blandly answered.

Longwei stood up and walked towards Song.

Then punched him in the face.