龍 11 龙

- Something is off, General Wang looked at the ground. We missed something.

- Lu Han was arrested two weeks ago, Wuxian commented. But Xiao Li didn't seem affected at all.

- Song? Longwei called. What's the situation in Hua County?

- Magistrate Sheng said that the house Xiao Li purchased there seven months ago is empty. No one came in after he left the County. As for the men who vanished in the forest ... None of them showed up.

- Hua County ... Longwei stared at the map laid on his desk. The forest ... They must have a secret spot around there ... But where?

An area on the map caught his attention. He traced the roads with his fingers, getting a gut feeling from the place's name.

- What do we know about Guo Village? Longwei turned to Song.

- No one dared to step in after the carnage of ten years ago. Many say that the poison in the air is still strong and the kerosene left on the ground hasn't lost its power. Sparks erupt when the weather gets slightly hotter.

- And when was the last time someone checked it?

- Seven years ago. Only one person came back and he died two days later because of the poison he had inhaled in the air.

- You don't think those men are there, Young Master? Wuxian widened his eyes. No one can survive at Guo Village.

Longwei turned to them, finally connecting the dots.

- Xiao Lin is a dirty little rat, Longwei spoke. And where do rats live?

- They dig holes under the ground? Wuxian frowned. Wait ... You don't think they-

- Exactly, Longwei explained. Guo Village's grounds are dangerous, but the undergrounds should be safe. There are a lot of rivers in the forest, which provide them with water. The men who vanished in the forest never intended to enter Hua County. They probably were delivering food and weapons to the underground camps in Guo Village. 

- And what do we do now? Wuxian asked. There is no way for us to verify this. And if we try to fight them, the whole forest will catch fire.

- But we can force them to come out, Longwei headed outside. Make sure that none of the next carriages of Xiao Li's men enter the forest or come out of it. After all, even a tiger becomes weak like a kitten when in need of food.

*****

- Your Highness, Jingyi and Ruolan bowed to their friend.

- Welcome to the Southern Palace, Yuanqian smiled. Get in.

The three ladies walked to the Princess's side of the Palace. They sat together in a room, the maids serving them tea and desserts.

- I got these walnut pastries for you, the princess told Ruolan. These Walnuts are the most delicious ones I've ever had. And for you Jiingyi, I got this Western tea. The Crown Princess offered it to me after a long trip she took with her husband. It is calming and makes your body healthier.

- Thank you so much! The two girls happily said.

They ate and laughed. Yuanqian had never felt this happy and comfortable with other people. Having friends was surely a blessing.

A maid came and whispered few words in her ears, making her smile in satisfaction.

- It's time, Yuanqian stood up.

- Time? Ruolan asked with her mouth stuffed.

- Well ... Today is Thursday.

- What's with Thursdays? Jingyi asked.

- Thursday is my favorite day of the week. And I will show you why.