龍 06 龙

- I bet you three packs of walnut candies that the black one will win, Ruolan proudly smiled.

- Lanlan, her second brother laughed. You may be an expert in horses, but how could you think that the third one isn't going to win?

- We shall see then, Er-Gege*.

*Er-Gege : Second older brother

A servant shot the fire, starting the race. The horses started running, following their designated paths. Numerous obstacles were on their way yet they ran as hard as they were trained to.

Today was the Horse Festival, held every year by the palace. There were races, auctions, and all types of shops.

The black horse on which Ruolan placed her bet was at the head of the race with the one her brother was sure to be the winner, fighting to get the winner's prize.

- I won! Ruolan jumped when her horse passed the finish line first. I told you that horse has something.

- You have a great eye, Lady Feng, a female voice called from behind.

The Feng family turned to face the youngest princess.

- Your Highness, everyone bowed to greet her.

- I have heard many stories from your daughters about your family. It's a pleasure to finally meet you all.

- It's an honor for the Feng family to receive such words from her Highness, General Feng answered.

Their family members happily introduced themselves.

- May I ask General Feng's permission to take the two ladies with me? The princess smiled. The area where the princesses are is well-protected. You wouldn't have to worry about them.

- How can simple ladies like them sit among the princesses, your highness? Mrs. Feng nervously smiled.

- Oh but all of them invited their friends with them. I shall invite mine too. Right?

- Of course, Mr. Feng smiled. Ruolan, Jingyi. Don't create trouble for Her Highness.

- Yes Uncle!

- Don't worry about it, Father!

The two girls followed the royal lady to her seat. She invited them to sit with her in the middle as they happily talked.

- What a funny sight, the Second Princess, Yuchang, loudly said. Now, anyone can join the royals.

- I know, Lady Yue, her cousin, chuckled. What a pity to see our family tarnish because some members who don't deserve to be part of it are taking too much freedom.

Ruolan was about to speak but was quikcly stopped by Yuanqian.

The two royal ladies continued to mock them until Ruolan was fed up.

- Lady Yue, Ruolan calmly turned to her. I heard that you were amazing at riding the horse.

- Of course, I am! Yue Liangqi glared at her. I excel in many things.

- What about archery? Is Lady Yue talented in it as well?

- O-Of course! I can even hit all the targets while riding my horse!

- Really? Ruolan's smiles grew wide. Then Lady Yue ... Shall we have some fun?