龍 08 龙

- Your Majesty, Consort Yue smiled at him. Liangqi is still young. It's normal for children to bicker sometimes.

- What if Lady Feng got injured? The Emperor yelled. We are lucky that Longwei stepped in or else she would have got in serious trouble. The Horse Festival is hosted by the imperial family. Anything that happens there is our responsibility.

- I'll have Liangqi punished then apologize to General Wang, Consort Yue answered.

- I trust you with that. Have Longwei send an edict to the Feng Mansion today.

- Yes, Your Majesty! The servant left to accomplish the imperial order.

*****

- Just stay in your room these two days and make yourself discreet, Consort Yue told her niece. I'll have people think that I severely punished you for your mistakes.

- Thanks, Aunt, Lady Yue smiled.

- That Longwei was too much, Yuchang complained. We are his family yet he tried to humiliate us and-

- Yuchang, Consort Yue stopped her. Just because I only scolded you a little, don't think that you did nothing wrong. A life was in danger because of you. If something had happened, people would start to question His Majesty. The poeple would lose faith in our family and the nation would be in chaos. Do you realize how serious the situation was? I only spared you both because of my affection. But if you do something like that again ... I might forget that we share blood.

- Yes Mother, the princess bitterly answered.

*****

- Young Master, Wuxian said. We received news that the messenger we sent to Hua County was killed on his way back here. And Xiao Lin's men didn't enter the county. They headed to the forest. Our men followed them but they got cornered by bandits and lost their trace.

- I don't think those were bandits, Song added. They tried to give them money yet all they cared about was killing them.

- So those bandits should be under Xiao Li's command? Wuxian argued.

- That's what I think. Xiao Li must be aware of our suspicions now. That's why his men hid in their forest.

- Xiao Li is smart, General Wang finally talked. He wouldn't let us follow his men in the forest unless ...

- He did it to distract us from something bigger! Wuxian hit the table.

- And if he already has that many men ... Longwei looked in front of him. He definitely has more. And tons of weapons.

- But how could he get all the money to get all of these? Wuxian wondered. The palace keeps track of his expenses and he doesn't have any business or ways to get more money. Plus, he said he is resigning soon.

- Young Master, Song froze in his spot. Do you think he might be related to Lu Han's counterfeiting?

- We have evidence that Lu Han is counterfeiting coins, Longwei stood up. We should arrest him now and see Xiao Li's reaction.

They were about to leave when a servant entered the room.

- A message from His Majesty, the servant announced.