龍 21 龙

- Oh, Father! Yuanqian stood up as the Emperor joined her and her mother in the garden.

- How are you, Mai? He smiled to his consort.

- I'm doing well, Your Highness, she bowed.

- Are you okay Father? You seem disturbed.

- Well ... He crosses his arms behind his back. If you want to know, someone came to ask for your hand in marriage. And your brother convinced me to agree.

- What? Yuanqian jumped. But I don't want to!

- Are you sure about that? A male voice behind her spoke.

She turned to see her brother and his two men. Her eyes met Song's and she looked away.

- Yes, she firmly said.

- But you still don't know who it was, her Father frowned.

- I do not care. My answer is no.

- She said no, Longwei turned to Song. At least you tried.

Yuanqian widened her eyes as she stared at Song whose strong gaze never left her, unlike usual.

- What ... What are you talking about? She stuttered.

- Song was the one to ask for your hand, Longwei explained. But since you said no then-

- WAIT! Wait a second! She yelled. Is ... Is it true?

She looked at her loved one who nodded his head, an anticipating expression on his face.

- Give me a minute, she blinked, processing what was happening. Song ... asked for my hand, Father agreed... And Gege too?

Consort Lin, who was a silent witness, watched each of their facial expressions.

Her daughter's eyes were filled with hope and love. She looked at Song with doe eyes, begging him to reassure her that what was happening was reality and not just a dream.

Song, who was usually calm, seemed more anxious than her. His hands were shaking and his lips trembling. He didn't utter a word, quietly waiting for Yuanqian to speak.

Longwei gave his sister a reassuring smile, making tears well up in her eyes.

- I do.

She finally said it.

*****

- That brat takes advantage of my affection and does whatever he likes, The Emperor complained on his wife's lap.

- Because you always give in, the Empress caressed his hair.

- That's because he threatened to become an eunuch if I don't! If it weren't for him being the last member of the Wang family ...

- Calm down You Majesty, she laughed.

- But you know what surprised me? He said that if I let them marry soon, he would get married too.

- And you agreed?

- Well ... If he dares to deceive me, I'll put him in the dungeon.

- Don't worry, he won't. He might get married sooner than you expect.

The Empress smiled to herself, remembering Longwei's soft gaze at the young Lady Feng.

- Did you not notice what Ruolan was wearing this morning before she left? 

- Not really. I was busy apologizing to her father to save our family's face.

- She was wearing a black cape with a drawing of a dragon on its back.

- What a coincidence. Longwei has one too.

The Empress rolled her eyes at her husband's slowness.

- Wait, he stood up. Don't tell me ...

- Yes. It is his.