Chapter 52

The grand ballroom was alive with music, laughter, and the soft glow of chandeliers. Anna's birthday party was in full swing, a celebration of elegance and joy. Cassie, dressed in an elegant gown, mingled with the guests, her eyes darting around the room in search of her sister.

As she weaved through the crowd, a hushed conversation near the French doors caught her attention. Her heart sank when she spotted Vincent and Celine standing close, their heads bent together in an intimate conversation which turned to a full blown kiss. The way they looked at each other sent a shiver down Cassie's spine.

Stifling a gasp, Cassie turned quickly, her mind racing. She had to tell Anna, to make her aware of what was unfolding right under her nose. Determined, she began to hurry towards the other side of the room where she had last seen Anna.

But before she could take more than a few steps, a hand clamped onto her arm, stopping her in her tracks. Cassie turned, her eyes widening when she met the furious gaze of Terrance.

"Where do you think you're going?" Terrance's voice was low and laced with anger, his grip on Cassie's arm unyielding.

Cassie tried to pull her arm free, panic in her eyes. "Terrance, let me go! I need to talk to Anna. It's important!"

Terrance's brows furrowed, his grip only tightening. "Not now. This is her birthday, Cassie. She's having a good time. Whatever it is, it can wait."

Cassie's voice quivered as she struggled against his hold. "No, you don't understand. It's about Vincent and Celine. I saw them... they were close, too close. Anna needs to know."

Terrance's eyes darkened, his grip tightening  even more on her arm. "Vincent and Celine? Are you sure, Cassie?"

Cassie nodded frantically, her heart racing. "Yes, I saw them. I need to tell Anna before things get worse."

Terrance's expression shifted from anger to concern. "Alright, I'll talk to Anna. You stay here. Don't say anything until I find out what's really going on."
-----
Terrance excused himself and discreetly dialed Vincent's number. The phone rang twice before Vincent's voice came through on the other end.

"Terrance? What's up?" Vincent's voice held a casual tone, belying the tension that simmered beneath the surface.Terrance's lips curled into a satisfied smirk, hidden from the prying eyes around him. "Vincent, my brother, you might want to prepare yourself. Cassie knows about your little escapade with Celine."

A barely perceptible grin tugged at Vincent's lips. "Ah, is that so? Well, that's an unexpected twist."

Terrance chuckled darkly. "Seems like your carefully crafted plan is falling into place quite nicely."

Vincent's satisfaction was palpable as he replied, "Indeed it is. Thank you for the update, Terrance. I'll handle things from here."

Without another word, Vincent ended the call, his thoughts already racing ahead to the next steps of his scheme.

Terrance rejoined Anna's circle of friends, a smile playing on his lips as he subtly observed the events unfolding around him. Not long after, Vincent approached Terrance, his own smile sly and confident.

"Terrance, I must admit, your assistance in this matter has been invaluable."

Terrance nodded, his facade of camaraderie firmly in place. "Of course, Vincent. We have a common goal, after all."

With an almost imperceptible glance, Vincent signaled to the side. The two men walked away from the main gathering, moving towards a corridor leading to a more secluded part of the mansion. Behind them, unnoticed by the partygoers, Cassie's eyes darted nervously as she watched their retreat.