Chapter 17

Aubrey saw Cristina. A sweet sickly smile on her lips.

Cristina leaned in, her tone dripping with calculated sweetness,"Aubrey, it's so lovely to see you again. We didn't have a proper conversation early but you know, I've been getting quite close to your friends lately. Closer then you think."

Aubrey raised an eyebrow, her gaze unwavering. "Oh, how wonderful for you. I'm sure they appreciate your company."

Cristinas smile faltered, her eyes narrowing) "Don't play games with me, Aubrey. We both know what's at stake here."

Maintaining her composure Aubrey asked."Do enlighten me, Cristina. What exactly is at stake?"

Cristina leaned in even closer, her voice a low hiss." Blake, of course. You're quite protective of him, aren't you?"

Aubrey smirked. "Protective? Well, I suppose that's one way to put it."

Cristina facade slipped, her eyes flashing with challenge. "You might want to keep your distance, Aubrey. Blake and I have a connection that you can't even begin to understand."

Aubrey leaned in, her tone equally sharp, "Oh, I understand just fine. But let me assure you, Cristina, that you're welcome to have him all to yourself. He's not my concern."

Cristina's expression hardened as she assessed Aubrey's words, a battle of wills and dominance playing out beneath their words.

Unknown to them, Blake had overheard the conversation, his fists clenched at his sides, a mix of anger and confusion swirling within him. The confrontation had stirred emotions he hadn't anticipated, and as he turned away, his mind raced with questions and a sense of betrayal he struggled to comprehend.