Hidden Healing

"You are going to let pick what we eat for lunch today, yes?" Lucy grabbed the war bags from the window. She walked over to the garage, placing the bags in the trunk.

"Hard pass," Tim scoffed, entering the shop. Lucy hopped in, hands on her laps.

-

Two hours in and the couple had already arrested three criminals; two burglars and some man for refusing to pay multiple tickets.

"Lunch? Please?" Lucy begged, a big pout on her face with large, brown eyes.

Tim exhaled with a smirk, nodding his head.

Lucy cheered in her seat, rolling down the window of the vehicle.

-

"End of shift, you gonna shower?" Tim asked, unbuckling his seatbelt, walking over to the trunk.

"Mhm," Lucy hummed.

Quick to enter the locker rooms, she met up with Lopez, giving a small smile.

L: Come over later.

"Glad to see you're back, Chen!" Angela called, leaving the room. Lucy walked over to the showers, quickly rinsing herself of the day's sweat. I'm glad she isn't prying me with questions.

She hummed to herself a few lyrics, catching herself and stopping. Exiting the showers after a few minutes, she dressed into the same clothing from earlier that day, and met up with Tim, who had been talking to another officer.

"I thought you would've gone home," Lucy smiled, looking up at Tim. He was already out of uniform. He dipped his head to meet eyes with Lucy, her cheeks quickly becoming a faint red. He shook his head, "I've been waiting for you," he spoke softly, reaching for the door. Her stomach fluttered with butterflies instantly, a cheesy grin plastered on her face.

"I'm gonna go home and take a shower, when should I be there?" Tim fixed the bag over his shoulder.

"Hm"

"Eight. Hey, if you want, I could go to yours instead? If that's easier for you." Chen suggested, unlocking her car.

"Yeah, that works. I'll see you soon," Tim spoke, placing a gentle hand on her arm before making way to his own car, only two spots from Lucy's.

-

Tim arrived home, disabling his alarm. Maybe I'll give Luce one of these. Jackson would appreciate knowing when she was home, too.

He hopped into the shower, running his hands through his slightly gelled hair. How come Lucy wanted to come over?

Tim ended up creating a few scenarios of him and Lucy on the couch, snuggled with her favorite blanket. Other scenarios of them beneath the blanket, and so on. Eventually Bradford came back to reality and stepped out of the now-steamy shower. He swiped his large hand onto the mirror, running his fingers through his hair and wrapping the white towel at his waist. He watched himself for a moment, his v-line was clearly visible, and his toned abs were hard to miss.

Exhaling as he made way to his room, his phone dinged a few times.

From: Lucy Chen
To: Tim Bradford

L: I'm ordering, anything you hungry for?
T: Mexican?

He put the phone on the counter, throwing on a white T- Shirt and a pair of comfortable, gray shorts.

-

Lucy eventually arrived at Tim's house, a small frown on her face as she rang his doorbell.

Tim quickly answered the door, running his fingers through his hair. Her face lit up as she found Tim placing a kiss on her head, grabbing the white boxes of food from her hands.

"Sorry I got here so late," she whispered, noticing the alert dog. She kneeled onto the floor, giving him a few rubs before leaving a small peck on Tim's lips.

"Grey texted me. He has the video." Lucy sat down, eager trying to hide her concern. Tim sat beside her, opening the take out boxes. He grabbed plates and wine glasses, pouring the red liquid into Lucy's glass.

"Did you.." Tim began, though Lucy shook her head.

"I could watch it with you, if you wanted. I mean- no pressure, just if you wanted to. Or I could step aside and you could watch it." Tim stuttered, walking back to Lucy's side.

He sat down, slowly, pouring food for Chen and himself, patiently waiting for her response. She tapped at her knee, biting at her cheek.

Finally, she gave a simple nod, and pulled out her bag, retrieving her laptop. She settled the device in between their plates, beginning to eat her food.

"We're not.." Tim started, eyebrows drawn together as he watched Lucy devour her food.

"After we eat, I'm starving," Lucy spoke firmly, sipping at her glass of wine. Tim nodded with a smile, kissing her shoulder and beginning to eat from his own plate.