Nobody to Help Me

A small beep sounded, and Lucy looked around the small apartment to see where it had come from. The doors were wooden, and the walls were covered in concrete and ripped wallpaper.

People live in this building, don't they?

Max looked over his shoulder, watching at how Lucy struggled to try removing her zip-ties. She stayed quiet, panting as she cried.

He grabbed Lucy by the arm, shoving past an old door and into a small bedroom. There was a small bed, an even smaller window, and a nightstand. There had been a water bottle, and a small black box behind it. Lucy was too busy trying to control her crying, crouching to the floor as Max let go of her. She turned her body away from him, her back to his face as he walked over to the nightstand, pressing the box. Suddenly there was a small, red flash.

"Up." Max barked, grabbing her arms again. This time, he closed the door to the bedroom, throwing Lucy onto the bed. She squirmed under his body, kicking at his legs as he climbed on top of her. Her robe was slowly falling off her shoulder with each struggle.

"Look at you," Max whispered, rubbing his hand on her shoulder. She shrugged his large hand off, turning her head away. She scanned the room, watching the door as she prayed someone was going to walk through. Perhaps Jackson, or Lopez, even her mother.
Someone, anyone.

"You'll enjoy it, I'll be gentle at first." Max whispered, running his hands down her chest and ending at the neck of the robe.

-

"He's been flagged for sexual harassment multiple times in the past five months," Grey shook his head i. disappointment.

"What, and the station just let him get away with it? He should have washed out!" Tim barked, clutching his hands into fists. Jackson was beside him, crossing his arms and spreading his legs slightly.

The two men had now been in their uniforms, whatever break Grey had the P3's and P2's on irrelevant to the matter at hand. Lucy is missing.

"His training officer tried to rid him, and he eventually ended up retiring. He got a new T.O and he hadn't ben flagged since."

Jackson rubbed at his face, looking around the station.

Tim tan his fingers through his hair, gripping onto Grey's desk.

"We could try to text his friend. What's his name.." Jackson muttered.

"Charles. Leo. Chen told me he had been informing her, maybe he knows where Anderson would take her." Tim raised his head, heading for the door.

To: Leo Charles
From: Jackson West

J: Hey, Charles.

L: What's up, West!

J: Could you come down to the Mid Wilshire Station? It's urgent.

L: I'll be there in twenty.

Jackson showed Grey the text message chain, Grey skimming through it.

"I want you two riding together, check out his place. We'll have units following you." Grey announced, rubbing at his chin and leaning forward on his desk, his hands on the table.

The two nodded, and exited the office. They were quick to load the shop, and then headed for the busy streets.

"It's too quiet. Everything is too quiet. She's too quiet, you know, if I were there.." Jackson began, looking around the quiet streets of Los Angeles.

"Blaming yourself isn't going to help, West."

Is that what she could have been screaming? Help?

"I know. It's just... what happens if we find her? She won't recover, not just because of that, because of Rosalind." Jackson scratched at his head, squeezing his phone large hands.

"When. When we find her. Chen is strong, the strongest officer I've trained." Tim's face softened for a moment, and his strength on the wheel loosened.

Jackson gave a small grin, looking over at him.

"I know you like her." Jackson exhaled with a small chuckle. He watched as Tim's expression changed, blood disappeared from his face.

Tim hardly choked at the phrase, almost hitting a car in front of them.

He glanced over at Jackson, who still had a large smile on his face.

Tim was silent for a moment, his eyes wide as he scratched at his hair, rubbing his nose, then parking a few feet from Max's house.

"Well," Tim tried to argue.

"Look, you've made it pretty obvious. I'm surprised the entire station hasn't noticed, you follow her around wherever she goes." Jackson chuckled, stepping up the small rocks.

"Can we talk about this when we aren't trying to save her life?" Tim rolled his eyes with a small grin, approaching the door with his gun in hand. A few patrol cars arrived, officers following after them.

"LAPD!" Multiple voices called, slamming through the door and making way through the home. More teams arrived, useless, as the only thing they found were a few shred of burned paper in the fireplace.

"Take this to forensics," Tim demanded, and a man took the bagged evidence, walking back to his own shop.

Jackson's phone vibrated in his phone, just as he was reaching for it. Tim was a few feet away, and jogged as West held the phone to his ear.

"Sir, I was about to call. Have you found anything?" Jackson put the phone on speaker, entering the vehicle.

"Yes, is Bradford with you? I want both of you to hear this." Grey spoke through the phone, and Tim drove the two off the street and back into the busy roads.

"Charles came in, said Anderson couldn't remember if he had an exact date for this abduction, but he knows where he may have taken her."

"So where is she?" Tim called, gripping onto the steering wheel until his knuckles went white.

"2736 Elmhurst, it's only a few buildings away from where she lives. I'm sure he had been planning it for months." Grey spoke.

"But how? He grabbed her from our apartment, she told me she had walked back to ours. He couldn't have known we lived there unless he followed her." Jackson muttered, crinkling his nose and rubbing his hands together.

"Or stalking. Those papers in the fireplace, some patrol officer said it was clear there was an adhesive layer on them. If we can get to fore since, they can tell us if the shreds were paper or photographs." Tim scoffed, running the red lights and turning on his sirens. He dashed for the apartment complex, mind burning with all the terrible photographs he could've taken of her.