Wasted Worries

Her phone rang, and she whined as she exited the bathroom to grab it. She had a towel wrapped around her body and one around her hair, and her toothbrush was in her hand.

"Hey!" She called into the phone, spitting out her toothpaste into the bathroom sink.

"Hey, you wanted me to call you?" Tim asked, his voice semi-whipped.

"Yeah, you search it yet?" Lucy asked, her cheeks suddenly turning red.

"Nope, doing it now," he muttered, and Lucy could hear Tim tapping on the screen. She finished with her teeth, spitting the remaining paste. She washed her splashed her face once more before grabbing her phone.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Look, Lucy, it's nothing to be embarrassed about, I don't see why you didn't just tell me so?" He chuckled, and Lucy was relieved to hear his response.

"Cause I thought you would've laughed in my face," she admitted, putting multiple products in her face.

"But you chose to tell me anyway?" His tone was energetic, and she could tell he had a smirk on his face.

"My friend told me I should."

"This the friend who we're talking with earlier?" Tim cocked his head, fixing his posture, raising the kitchen stool he sat on. He'd been waiting on his food to finish cooking, when he remembered to call Chen.

"Yeah, sorry about that. She was just babbling," Lucy answered, turning off her bathroom light. She turned to her closet, grabbing a black, satin pajama set.

"What did she say?" Tim placed his phone down onto the kitchen island, stepping to the stove. He turned off the heat on it, prepping his dinner into a plate.

"She said.." Lucy sighed, closing her eyes before speaking again.

"She thinks I should sleep with you. The way I was acting earlier, it wasn't for no reason, Tim." Lucy admitted, slapping herself internally.

Timothy half choked half coughed as he tried to process what he had heard.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that?"

There's no way Lucy was..
What?

"Ah ah" Lucy mumbled, slipping her body into the smooth material.

"Look, I'm gonna go, this probably wasn't my smartest idea." She spoke, ending the phone call.

-

Tim was let baffled. He really thought the entire day she needed to pee, he didn't think she needed sex.

The thought itself had popped up once or twice, though he had never acted on the feelings. Lucy and Tim held a strict, professional partnership. The two of them being together would be a red flag in every single way, mainly because of the job.

But technically, whiles she's working we aren't not allowed to be together. Sure, Grey would flip and have Tim moved to a different profession in the LAPD immediately.

Tim called Lucy back, waiting for her to answer.

She's probably staring at that phone right now.

And that's exactly what she was doing. She stared at the phone call portrayed on her screen until the last ring buzzed, and she finally picked up.

"Really?" She cocked, hugging into the microphone.

"I'll do it." Tim simply said, stabbing himself internally the minute the words came out of his mouth.

What he meant to say was;

No way we could do that, not only would we be fired, the entire station would have something to say.

Lucy arched an eyebrow, playing with the hem of her shorts.

"Really?" Her tone was high, voice pitched.

"Sure, I mean, if it's gonna happen I rather it stay between us, don't you?" Tim husked over the phone, a small smirk plastered on his face.

"Yeah" Lucy muttered, a smile growing on her face as well.

"See you tomorrow, Lucy." He finally spoke, letting her end the call.

Lucy giggled her way to the kitchen, rummaging through her fridge for a beer.

To: Jackson West
From: Lucy Chen

"When you come back with Sterling could you pick up so beer? Some soda too? :)"

She clicked off her phone, setting it on the dresser as she began to brush through her hair.

I'm going to sleep with Tim Bradford.

Her cheeks grew hot, her eyes going large as she realized what this meant for the two. The heat between her legs grew more unbearable, and she couldn't help but naw at her cheek as she imagined what it would be like.

Tim was hot, no surprise there. We could play it off as just a favor, a co worker helping another co worker.

What if he doesn't like it.. what if I don't????

Her mind suddenly ran with torturous thoughts, all negative scenarios spamming her brain. She swatted them off, finally falling asleep after an hour of silence, her brain doing all the talking as it prepared her for the worst-case-scenarios.

She went to sleep that night, hugging her pillow extra tight.