Rotten

Their shift ended on a good note, and the two made plans to hang out that same night.

Lucy scurried to her bedroom, searching for something to wear. Though the entire group would be there, Lucy had never felt more pressured to dress nicely for a bar.

She took a quick shower, washing her hair. Her feet scattered to the closet, as she began her search for the perfect top. She decided on a satin, green top with gold straps. She pulled black skinny jeans with a few tips on them over her legs, then threw on her top. The top dipped slightly, and it was the perfect length for a necklace. She threw on the necklace Jackson had given her as a birthday present, and then threw on some small hoops.

"Jackson, you ready?" Lucy called, retouching her hair for the seventh time.

"Lucy, I told you I've been ready three times now," Jackson called from the living room.

"Okay, I'm almost there!" Lucy called, rolling her eyes as one strand of her hair refused to curl.

Why must she ask me if I'm ready when she's not ready..

"Screw it," Lucy exhaled, looking at her sink. She had made it a mess, but at least her hair looked good. She had left it natural, her curly waves perfectly framing her face.

She threw on some heeled boots, then made her way to the living room. Lucy clapped with a smile as Jackson walked out of his bedroom, wearing a pair of dark, blue jeans with a dark red shirt, a gold chain around his neck and black sneakers.

"Look at us," Lucy giggled, and Jackson joined. The two hooked arms, and make way to the parking lot.

"You want me to drive?" Jackson offered, nodding his head to her car.

"Sure," she smiled, walking over to the passenger's side. She pulled out her phone from her pocket, informing Jackson of everything their friends had been texting.
🚔🚨
Angela Lopez
Who's ready for drinks!!!!!

Talia Bishop
Girl, I'm already pre-gaming!

John Nolan
Clearly you two won't make it into the bar if I don't pick you up, see you girls soon.

Jackson West
Just waiting on Lucy..

Jackson West
Still waiting

John Nolan
It's been twenty minutes, she still not ready???

Jackson West
She hasn't even started on her hair 😒

Lucy cackled at Jackson's messages, out of breath by the time they made it to the new bar. None of them had visited before, and it was clearly packed by the spots in the lot.

"If not picked up in 16 hours, tow will remove car at owner's expense"

Lucy read the sign to West, and their faces just lit brighter.

"At least we can all drink," Lucy danced in her seat. She spotted Nolan's car, then Tim's. She pointed to the vehicles, and Jackson parked two cars ahead.

The two walked into the building, taking in the smell of fries and pizza, the sound of music playing loudly, and lights every where.

After they found their group of friends, they settled at a large table.

"Hey, did you guys see that sign out there," Lucy giggled, and everybody just nodded with slurred laughs.

In the booth sat Lucy, Jackson, and Angela. On the other, sat Tim, Talia, and John, with Tim and Lucy against the wall.

"Hey, I dibs not buying the first round," Jackson raised his hand, and the entire table boo'd. Jackson cackled an evil laugh, causing Bishop and Angela to look at each other, then burst into laughter until their eyes watered.

"I got it,"John chuckled, leaving the table.

Talia started the conversation, of course the topic being about Nolan's weekly vehicle crashes. They had decreased tremendously, though every so often they would find themselves flipped upside down, or in the side of the shop.

The crowd laughed as Nolan returned, and he offered a large tray with drinks and foods. Lucy reached a plastic bowl of fries, accidentally kneeing Tim's knee.

She gave an apologetic smile, then began coughing at her float.

"Woah, girl!" Jackson called back, patting Lucy's back as she set down the now half-full glass. Tim smiled at the image, crossing his arms.

Five minutes later, the food had been devoured by everyone at the table, and their bottles and floats were empty. Angela payed for the next round, and soon enough all of them were sick of potatoes.

"I'm not eating potatoes for the next month," Talia whined, tugging at Nolan's shoulder so he could move and let her out.

"Guys, let's dance!" She suddenly bursted, setting down her bottle.

The group shrugged, and they began to exit the booth. Tim stayed back, and Lucy looked back to see if he had been alright.

"Hey," Lucy joined his side.

"Let's go?" She questioned, tilting her head. Him folded his elbows on the table, turning to look at her.

"I don't know, Chen. I'm really not.."

"You're  coming!" Lucy laughed, pulling at his arm. Tim sighed, and obliged.

She dragged him to where the rest were, all dancing on the colorful stage.

"This really is a party," Lucy called out, and the entire floor woo'd.

Tim gave out a laugh, hand still in Lucy's.

"See everybody is doing their own thing, come on." She used her other hand to drag him closer, and he accidentally bumped into another woman. The woman turned to face Tim, and her straight instantly turned into a smile. What the hell?

"Hey, you," the red head smiled, suddenly touching his other arm.

Tim didn't speak, just flicked his arm.

"Hard to get?" The woman giggled.

"What's your name?" Lucy asked with a bright smile on her face, letting go of Tim's hand.

"Alana, why?" The girl gave a disgusted face.

"Alana, leave before I make you leave. I've been dying to pull someone's hair tonight, and that little thing you've got going on really isn't doing it for you," Lucy spat, crossing her arms. Alana did as told, immediately scurrying to her friends.

Tim's eyes went wide, his cheeks suddenly hot. His eyebrows were glued high, and he gave a "good for you" look toward Lucy.

Lucy looked back up at Tim, him being a whole foot taller than her, giving her cutest smile. Her cheeks were rosy and her eyes were glossy, her hair was perfectly framing her face, and the dim red and blue lights made her look like a goddess.

"Tim?" She pulled on his hand, and suddenly he was snapped back into reality.

"Sup?"

"C'mon, we're gonna dance!" Lucy smiled.