Rooting For You

The three stepped up the stairs to Nolan's front door, Vic handing Lucy's backpack to Tim. Lucy had gone in the passenger seat of Tim's car, and Vic had driven herself, following Tim.

"Hey, I'm gonna go. I've got an early shift tomorrow, but it was very nice meeting you." Lynn smiled, tucking a hair behind Lucy's ear.

She touched Tim's arm before leaving though, turning her head slightly to look up at him.

"Hey, I never got your name together."

"My name doesn't matter. You two look good together, just go for it." Vic finally said, letting go of his arm and descending down the small steps.

Tim smiled to himself, then to the girl who was sleeping in his arms. Her arms had been hooked around him, and she had her hair covering her face.

Tim struggled for a moment, but managed to open the door. He heard the crowd coming from the backyard, and figured he could sneak off into a room with Lucy, leaving her to wake up.

Once in a guest bedroom, Tim breathed a deep exhale, settling down Lucy into the large bed. Lucy wasn't heavy, it was what that girl said that got him all nervous.

Lucy peeled herself off the bed, sitting at the edge beside a nightstand. Tim turned his head, smiling as he saw Lucy's sleepy face.

"Hey, you," Lucy smiled, walking over to him. Tim had been looking out the window, arms crossed with his eyes bright.

"Go back to bed. You're head is going to be pounding all shift tomorrow." He warned, nodding at the large mattress. He dimmed the lights of the bedroom, and Lucy walked off and into a bathroom connecting to the bedroom.

She splashed some water on her face, rubbing her eyelids to wake herself up. This is so embarrassing.

"Vic leave?" Lucy whined, looking at herself in the mirror.

Ah, it's Vic.

"Yeah, just now." He smiled, remembering Vic's words. He reached for his chin, scratching at his shaved face.

"How come you're not out with the rest of them?" Lucy called behind the closed door.

"How good of a guy would I be if I left you to hang out with some co-workers I see everyday?" Tim scoffed, shaking his head.

"You see me everyday," Lucy implied, laughing through the wooden door.

"Bye!" Tim teased, dragging his feet on the floor.

Lucy didn't reply, only stayed silent.

"Chen?" Tim called out, walking quickly to the door.

His hand reached for the doorknob, and suddenly Chen was running up to him, giggling as Tim screamed.

"Oh, oh! That was way too good!" Lucy clapped her hands, cackling as she bent her self backward. Her chest puffed up and down, her eyes squinted.

"Goddamn Luce!" Tim breathed out, sitting on the edge of the bed. Lucy continued laughing, pushing Tim's arms playfully.

"Aw, come on!" She whined, out of breath.

-

They spent the night in the room, having small talks and reading the refrigerator. Lucy fell back on the bed, smoothing her shirt with her hands. Tim joined her side, both staring at the white, detailed ceiling.

"What do you think your life would be like if you never became a cop?" Lucy asked, moving her hair to one side.

"Maybe I'd have kids by now, or perhaps I'd stay a veteran." Tim sighed, turning his face to look over at Lucy.

He examined her facial features. Her full, gorgeous, pink lips, her tiny freckles around her nose, the prettiest shade of brown her eyes held, her hair, and how perfect it looked whenever she wore it down, or i. those tiny twists Tim could never figure out for the life of him.

Lucy turned on her side, and now the two were facing each other, with their arms under their head for support.

"I think I might be a stripper." Lucy kid, leaving the bed.

"I need to go, first day as a P2 and I can't show up with a hangover."Lucy raised her eyebrows, placing her shoes on her feet. Tim rose from the bed, grabbing her bag, and he walked over to her.

"You're sleeping over my house. You have no car, your phone is dying, and your still drunk." Tim said, walking up to her to block the door.

"Okay, okay!"

She put her hands up in surrender, laughing at Tim's gesture.

-

Tim parked, then helped Lucy out of the car. She threw her bag over her shoulder, Tim slightly holding Lucy's arm for support as they made their way to the front door.

Lucy breathed in the smell of crisp air, fluttering her eyelids closed a she settled.

Tim took her bag, placing it in the bedroom. She followed after, his room is neat, typical Tim Bradford.

She sat on the bed, watching as Tim rummaged through his drawers, then his closet.

"I'm gonna go take a shower, you gonna be okay here?" He put out his hand, handing her another blanket.

"Yeah, yeah." Lucy smiled, her eyes following Tim's body as he walked out.

Tim entered the shower, letting his head gently hit the tile wall. The steaming ran down his back, and the feeling felt as though he had lava coursing through his veins. His mind ran back to Nolan's home, where Victoria had told him that he should be with Lucy. The thought brought a smile to his face, and after a few more minutes of reminiscing, he finally exited the shower. Washing his face and brushing teeth before leaving the now humid bathroom.

He had put on his clothes in the bathroom, and was now heading to the bedroom to both check up on Lucy and to hang up his towel. A smile grew on Lucy's lips as he can back, her eyelids heavy with sleep.

"I've got whatever you want in the fridge, feel free to help yourself," Tim smiled, grabbing a blanket from the closet. He pulled out two pillows, beginning to make his way to the living room.

"Tim?"

The man came back, nodding his head once.

"You don't think we could share the bed a night?" Lucy called, her head heavy as sleep soon became of her.

Tim gave a small smile, turning off the lights and closing the door enough to where there was a small light peeking through it.

Tim entered his bed, opposite side of Lucy. The two were turned on their sides, facing each other.

"Night," she blushed, tucking her cheeks under the cover. Tim reached to turn off the lamp beside him, then set an alarm.

"Night, Lucy." His smile wasn't visible, though Lucy could tell by the tone of his voice that he was grinning.

Lucy's hand slithered below the pillow, as did Bradford's. Their hands accidentally grazed, though neither dared to move it. Timothy eventually took her hand in his, cupping his large hand over her warm hand.

The night ended with Lucy leaving a kiss on Tim's forehead once he had fallen asleep, and Lucy's light, exhausted snores filling the room.