Playing with Fire

The rookies had now had a few days left until they had officially made their probation year. Lucy and Jackson had been celebrating every night with a glass of wine, and Nolan had payed for his son's flight to Los Angeles for the remaining week.

"Nolan!" Bishop called.

Angela and Jackson had finally gotten back into the day shift after multiple whines to Grey, and Lucy and Tim were on decent terms.

Her hormones had suddenly increased extremely, as though hearing the news had been a big new thing.

"Boot," Tim called, and she nodded before entering the shop. She had packed the shop a few minutes prior to Tim entering, and each day as the days grew closer, Bradford was becoming more and more impressed with his rookie.

Lucy tightened her thighs together, biting at her cheek as she looked out the window. She messed with a loose string im of hair popping out of her ear, twirling it with her finger. She scrolled on her phone as they roamed the city, waiting for incoming calls.

"You gotta pee or something?" Tim questioned, one hand on the steering wheel as he fixed the collar of his shirt.

"No, why?" Lucy asked, but she knew exactly why. She looked like an idiot. Her thighs were so close together they looked swollen, and her breathing was so intense she might burst a lung.

"You look like you're going to faint," Tim chuckled, checking out his window.

"It's nothing," she smiled sheepishly, separating her thighs. She clenched at her jaw, clutching her hand into a fist beside her thigh. God.

Bradford shrugged it off, figuring she would eventually pull herself together. They stopped for lunch, and Lucy immediately flew to the bathroom, pulling herself together as she gave herself a pep-talk in the mirror.

Chen, get your head out of your ass and call her.

Lucy grabbed her phone from her pocket, dialing Doctor Lynn's number. She picked up after the second ring, and Lucy let out a thankful sigh. She began to walk out of the bathroom, voice semi-quiet as a woman passed her.

She watched as Tim ordered their lunch at a food truck, and sat herself on a bench.

"Hey, it's Lucy Chen. It's happening, I'm really about to shit myself." She nervously laughed into the telephone, waiting for Lynn's response.

"Lucy, calm down! Nothing to be worried about, are you still working?" She asked, her tone moderate.

"Yeah, and my boss has been beside me the entire time. He insists me telling him what's wrong," she rolled her eyes.

"And why not tell him? I'm sure he would understand.."

"Because I'm a rookie, and I've only got a week left as one. Do you really think it's worth the risk? It's not like he could help," Lucy laughed at the idea, though some part of her wasn't laughing, it was imagining.

"You never know... technically if you're off work.." The blonde laughed through the phone.

"Hey, hey! That's not really how it works!" Lucy laughed.

Tim made his way over, making sure to walk behind Lucy to interrupt the conversation she was having on the phone, pausing when he heard her words.

"Look, Doc. He's not like that, if I asked him to do that he would laugh in my face, report me to the Sergeant, and I'd be washed out before morning."

Is she seriously talking about me? What am I not like?

"It's Vic, you gonna send me a photo of this mystery boss?" She laughed, and Lucy giggled too. She tapped on her phone, scrolling through her photos.

"Woah. Girl, if you don't get with that at least once, I definitely will for you," Vic laughed into the phone, and Lucy couldn't help but cackle into the phone, throwing her head back to see Tim.

"I gotta go, thanks, it helped." Lucy muttered into her phone, tucking it in her pocket and placing her hands flat on her thighs.

Timothy sat across from her, placing her açaí bowl in front of her.

"Were you talking about me?" Tim asked, unfazed.

"Maybe," Lucy giggled, shoving a banana into her mouth before laughing more.

"You wanna fill me in?" Tim tensed his shoulders, eyebrows arched.

"Perhaps, later. Not here."

-

Their shift came to an end, Lucy finishing her paperwork before turning on her heels to enter the locker room.

Tim wrapped his hand around her arm softly, and she turned her head. That shirt looks really good on him.

"Gosh, you're so impatient," Lucy rolled her eyes, teasing the man. Tim just sighed, following her until they hit the doorway. She entered, and he leaned against the wall, one foot on the blue wall while his hand held onto his backpack.

Lucy walked out, biting at her cheek. Her heeled-boots clicked on the floor, causing Tim to look at her from bottom to top. Damn.

"Walk me?" Lucy perked, a small grin on her face. She flicked her hair for her shoulder, one foot after the other as the two walked out of the building together.

How the hell am I meant to tell him?

"My friend suggested I talk to you." Lucy began, the two stopping nearby her car. She stopped to make sure nobody had been close by, then continued, with Tom giving her his full attention.

"The other week, when I had come in late, I'd been at the hospital for a check in. Something on my stomach had been bothering me, and so I got it checked out. While there.."

She scratched at her forehead, holding her bag with one hand.

Tim stayed silent, waiting for her to continue.

"While there, they told me I have PGAD." Lucy exhaled, putting her hands at her hips. She bit at her cheek, leaning back slightly as waited for the man to reply.

"And PGAD is?" Timothy replied, looking around as he searched for supposedly his answer. Lucy smacked at his arm, earning a small smile.

"Search it up, and hey, call me when you do." Lucy brushed his arm, then made her way to her vehicle. The two parted, Tim walking toward his truck. He gave a final look to Lucy, letting her know he would as he nodded.