Grill Master

"And you're bringing the sauces, yes?" Lucy asked, her voice high as she hopped out of her car.

Lucy hung up the phone, knocking at Tim's door.

He answered quickly, a small smile on his face as he closed it behind her. She handed him multiple grocery bags, settling herself in his couch.

"I've got more stuff in the car, we can go get it when the others start to arrive." Lucy nodded, Tim standing with his hands in his pockets. He nodded in agreement, walking toward the kitchen. He walked outside of the sliding door, breathing in the crisp air.

Lucy followed after, strutting behind him as he stepped onto the deck. His backyard was gorgeous.

The barbecue grill and an outdoor sofa was on the brown deck, and there were flowers of all colors surrounding it. Behind the deck was a large pool, with a deep blue color. The edge was covered by concrete, the backyard fenced.

"I can't believe I've never been here before," Lucy gasped, her eyes beaming as she turned to the right. There was a gorgeous garden, with a few birdhouses.

"You gonna help me out?" Tim called out, seeing as she was still standing in awe at the glass door.

Lucy giggled, apologizing as she stepped up the small stairs on the deck. She joined Tim, giving him a cutting board and a large knife.

Lucy's phone rang, vibrating at her pocket. Lucy stepped back a few, putting the phone to her ear.

"Hey! What's up?" Lucy rolled her eyes, huffing as she rubbed her eyebrows.

Tim turned, spatula still in hand. His eyebrows crinkled, head slightly tilted. Lucy mouthed 'Anderson', shaking her head.

"What's up, Lucy! Few buddies from your station said you're throwing a barbecue. You mind if I stop by?"

Lucy frowned, watching as Tim examined her with curiosity. He turned back to the grill, throwing salt as she continued to speak.

"Yeah, it's super small but I'm sure they won't mind." Lucy sighed, scratching at her head.

"Great! I'll see you there."

Chen hung up the phone, practically throwing it against the blue sofa. She looked at the small string lights hanging above her, counting each one as Tim approached her.

"He coming over?" Bradford asked, his tone calm.

Lucy nodded, rubbing her hands at her thighs. She arose from the seat when she heard the slamming of a car trunk, immediately making her way to the back fence. Tim hopped back to the grill. Lucy quickly tapped onto the screen of her phone, sending Max the location quickly.

Jackson and Sterling walked through the house and into the backyard, walking over to the two. Lucy grabbed the wine glasses Sterling held in his hands, setting them down on the glass table. She cheered, and Sterling chuckled as he took her into an embrace. She hugged Jackson as well, thanking him for his kind words last night.

John and Bailey showed up a few minutes later, their arms stacked with boxes of beers.

"Hey," Lucy tugged at Tim's shirt, wrapping his arm with her small, warm hand.

"Max is going to be here soon, could you come with me for a sec?" She nudged, her eyes large as she tilted her head up. Tim looked down, his hand on her elbow as they slowly walked into the home.

"Nolan, keep an eye on the grill?" Tim called, Nolan giving a thumbs up before Lucy closed the door.

"What's up?" Tim crossed his arms, his back against the island. Lucy stood in front of him, picking at her hands. She placed one hand in the other, fixing her hair.

"Max's friend, Charles. He called me last night after Jackson left. I didn't want to tell Grey because he would call off the UC mission." Lucy began panting, her shoulders rising and falling. Her chest began to increase, her breathing becoming shallow as she breathed out a shaky breath.

"Hey, calm down. Who's Charles?" Tim held Lucy's arms, rubbing at her elbows.

"A rookie we went to the academy with. Max and him were best friends..."

"He texted me, and told me that Max wanted to do things. Things that.." Chen's eyes teared, tears running down her soft cheeks.

"And you didn't say anything? Why didn't you tell me sooner, we should be arresting him!" Tim huffed, pulling her into him.

"No, not yet. When I was sending a text to Max, I sent one to Charles as well. He said he wants to, you know, get with me. Tonight." Lucy looked up at him, her chin on his chest.

"Luce" Tim disagreed.

"Please. We can come up with a plan, I could record it on my phone, or.. or we can come up with something else?" Chen shook her head, squeezing her arms around his waist.

Lucy thanked him, sitting on top of the island. Tim wrapped his arms around her, hands flat against her back.

I wish I was always hugging you.

Lucy smiled, lowering her head and nuzzling it into the crook of his neck. The two let go a few moments later, his arms on her thighs. He looked up at her, blue eyes dark and taunting.

"Wanna sit down?" Tim put his palms on her knees, rubbing them in circles.

"Yeah," Lucy nodded with a smile, exhaling as she hopped onto her feet.

The two walked toward the sofa, Lucy letting her head rest on his shoulder. Chen crossed her legs, placing her hand between them. Tim wrapped his arm around her, rubbing it with the pad of his thumb.

"Lopez and Wesley are going to be here soon." Bradford whispered, his legs slightly spread.

The between of Lucy's legs suddenly was hot, and clenched her legs tighter together, pinching at her skin through her ripped skinny jeans.

"You should get back to the grill." Lucy poked at his chest, looking up at him. Tim smiled down, squeezing her arm and rising from the sofa. The doorbell rang, and Lucy smiled as she heard Vic's voice.

"Lucy? Did I get the right house?" The blonde called through the door. Lucy laughed, walking toward her voice. Tim walked outside, pissed as he saw Nolan sitting down.

"Don't worry, I checked." Sterling chuckled, clicking beers with Jackson before bringing the bottle to his lips.

"Thanks," Tim shook his head, walking up to the grill.

Lucy walked out, her arm hung at Victoria. The blonde was holding a large, black bag, and the crowd gave her a confused and suspicious look for a moment.

"No bodies, sorry to disappoint." Vic laughed, Lucy joining as they stepped up to join Nolan on the couch.

Vic and John greeted each other, Lucy standing beside Tim again.

"I needed that, back there. Thank you." Lucy whispered, cutting a few pieces laid out on the cutting board.

"You call me, okay? Call my phone, scream my name, whatever. Okay? I'll be there." Tim looked back, a small smirk on his face as he saw Lucy's cheeks fill with heat.

"He's going to be here soon, do you think he'll try tonight?"

"At a barbecue with a bunch of cops? It would be stupid," Tim scoffed, flipping the patties.

"Yeah, you're right."

Lucy left Tim to work his magic on the grill, walking over to Vic who was laughing with Grace.