Spill It

"Hey, sleepyhead!" Jackson suddenly shouted, standing inside Lucy's room.

Her body jolted awake, a few, dried tears at the corners of her eyes.

"Jackson," Lucy smiled, yawning into her palms.

"I know you missed me," West chuckled, walking closer to Chen. He placed down the brown, wooden tray filled with different foods, immediately making Lucy's heart flutter.

She dropped her head, in awe, her eyes gleaming as she reached for the mug of coffee.

"I know this is probably the last thing on your mind, but have you talked to your mom? She's been blowing up my phone about some dinner tradition." Jackson rubbed his jeans, sitting down at the end of Lucy's bed.

"I read a few messages last night, didn't have the patience to continue." She shook her head, sipping her coffee. She hugged the mug with her hand, the other reaching for a bagel.

"Well, whenever you decide to text her back, make sure you turn off your read receipts, she kept mentioning 3AM." He furrowed his eyebrows, rising from the comfortable mattress.

"I'm glad you're home," Lucy smiled, setting down her white mug.

"I am too. Maybe tonight we can hang out, I'll invite Nolan and it can be just us three?" West suggested, buttoning his navy-blue shirt.

Lucy nodded.

"You going in today?"

"Yeah, John and I still have a few papers to fill out, we're going in early."

"Well, I go in tomorrow or something, whatever Grey assigns, and then you won't need to suffer with Nolan alone." She chuckled, her shoulders rising and falling.

"No more ceiling material talks at least, now it's just floorboards or tiles for the kitchen." Jackson bowed his head, holding the bridge of his nose and he smiled in disbelief of what his life had become. I'm stuck with John talking about floors.. ai ai.

-

"Thanks for bringing me home last night, hopefully I wasn't too bad of company in the car?" Vic spoke into the phone.

"You were fine, your house is gorgeous by the way, I'm surprised we haven't hung out there yet." Lucy fixed her hair into a high ponytail.

"We could always hang out here, just say the word." Lynn giggled.

The conversation went on for a few more minutes, and Lucy eventually hung up, settling her phone into her pocket. She tightened her hair once more, checking out her outfit in the mirror.

She wore a pair of gray leggings, and a cropped, black tank top. On top was a flimsy, long sleeved cover, and she paired the outfit with black sneakers. The necklace Tim gave her, and her regular, gold bar earrings.

Quickly walking out and into the kitchen, she looked back to the living room, hesitant on cleaning up the mess from last night. Deciding she would do it sometime later, she grabbed a bottle of water, then exited her apartment.

A few minutes into the run and Chen was feeling much better. Her mind was clear, the brisk air hitting her face as her feet steadily paced on the floor. Her jog was smooth, and she managed run a few laps around her neighborhood without interruption.

Finally deciding to head back, she retouched her ponytail, drank whatever water was left in the bottle, then began her jog back home. Suddenly, her free and clear mind blurred with images of what her mother would think the minute she found out about Lucy's molestation. Her father's disappointment, Lopez's and Bishop's frantic questions, and Grey.