Yours Truly

"Did you want to go anywhere? We could run to the store if you need something, or we could stop by a friend's house, or..." Tim rambled.

"Tim, I'm okay. Really. We can just go back to my place, you said we need to talk, right? We can talk there. I'll order lunch, it'll be like we're on duty with less bullets." Lucy giggled, reaching for his hand that hung from his truck's arm rest. She placed her palm at the back of his hand, hooking her fingers with his.

"Okay," Tim gave a shaggy smile, running his free hand through his hair as they reached a red light. Lucy watched out the window, mind free and empty as the busy streets blasted with music and voices.

"Oh, hey, Vic wants to hang out with us tonight. I already told her yes, so you can't back out." Lucy hurriedly mentioned, quickly glancing at Tim.

Tim rolled his eyes, but shrugged and agreed.

-

"I already told you, I'm fine! Gosh! Food should be here soon." Lucy rolled her eyes with a smile, turning the key to her front door. Tim stood behind her, scanning the hallway.

"I'm just making sure." He adjusted the bag on his shoulder.

"I know, and I appreciate it." Lucy closed the door, turning to face an expressive Bradford.

The two stood there for a moment, watching one another. Lucy knew Tim was going to mention their kiss, and she just prayed he wouldn't lash out. She didn't mean to kiss him, it just happened.

But maybe she did.

After a minute or two, the two finally decided the air had become awkward between them, and Bradford decided to turn, when Lucy suddenly spoke.

"About last.."

The doorbell rang that same moment, and Chen turned on her feet to meet the door again. She opened it, thanking the delivery man and grabbing the white bag from his hand. He nodded, then left, and Lucy closed the door to place the food down.

"Beer?" Lucy looked up to Tim, noticing he had inched closer to her. His hands were in his pockets, and his bag was now on the floor beside the sofa.

Bradford nodded, ripping open the plastic. Lucy grabbed two beer bottles, and plates, letting Tim pour the food into reasonable portions while she remembered to lock her door.

-

They both sat on the couch, their plates in hand. Lucy turned on the television and scrolled through the channels, landing on Netflix.

"Okay, so Chloe's a detective, trying to solve this case about how this girl died, but Lucifer, the devil, already knew, because.." Lucy rambled, and Tim watched how invested she was in the whole storyline of the two characters.

After the two finished their lunch, Lucy scooted closer to Tim, reaching over to him to grab the folded blanket beside him. She looked up at him, a small smile on her face, and him staring down to her, careless of how desperate he looked.

"Lucy, I think.." Tim started, but was interrupted when Lucy chimed in. She unpaused the show, then turned back to Bradford.

"I know. This is about us, and the kiss. Look, I know I shouldn't have done it, it was wrong for so many reasons, but I was tired, and you were looking at me like I was a lost puppy, and I.." Lucy was sat with her legs crossed, hands cupped together on her lap, remote curled in her fingers.