epilogue- and they all lived happily ever after

OK so this is the final chapter. I actually wrote this straight away after I wrote the first chapter. My English teacher always told me never write a story without knowing how it's going to end so that's the tactic I went with for this. Also I have gone through this with a thin toothed comb and edited it like crazy but if there is a mention of the name alessia, please point it out. Originally aloras name was alessia with alora as the middle name but I changed it very last minute. I have edited this but can't be sure, cos I have broken my glasses 😡🤦‍♀️ and therefore my ability to read is declining.

6 months later

"Oh wow....."
Joe smiled as his girlfriend walked from the bathroom across the hall to their bedroom in her parents house.

"You look beautiful"
He said as she came towards him, falling againts his chest and into his arms, as he hugged her. The pale dusky blue summer dress she was wearing was one he had picked out. With her not being able to decide on an outfit, he had suggested a dress he had seen in ted baker and had brought it for her the next day.

"Thank you, you look handsome"
She smiled taking a step back to look at him in his outfit, a smart combination of dark blue Jean's and a white shirt, perfect for the Australian sun.

"Thanks, I'm not sure you'll be saying that at the end of today though, when were both rushed off our feet having eaten probably nothing but burgers all day, weighed down by gifts which aparently..."
He looked down to the floor beneath him.

"Seem to be circulating in here already"
He gestured to the many gift bags her family had already given them kindly.

"Well....I feel pretty calm"
She admitted, speaking softly. She knew he had been worried about today, she had been too with all the planning and travel they had been organising for the past 6 months.

"Really? Good, I knew you were a little stressed and of course majorly jet lagged"
He stroked her hair by her face, securing it behind her ear.

"I am....so tired. But, I didn't want this any other way. It was..."

"Important to you and your family"
He finshed her sentence knowing that today even though was equally as special for the both of them, had important links to her.

"Yeah"
She nodded thinking about how important today was.
Having taken a 24 hour flight with a layover in between with a weaning and breastfeeding 7 month old, she was exhausted. However the long plane ride filled with stress, cries from teeth breaking their way through her little gums, and not alot of sleep was all worth it. As per tradition in diannes italian catholic side of the family, all the children had been baptized in the church the family had been going to for years. Since moving from Italy, it had been not only the place for Buswell and Russo christenings but it had been the place her parents, grandparents and aunties and uncles had all got married.

"Its just that, I was christened at 7 months old, the same age alora is now and it's going to be happening in the same church, by the same priest and she'll be wearing the same dress i did"
They hadn't seen her all morning. Her selected god parents; zoe, alfie and annie had all been getting her ready. It was another tradition in the buswell family that had been the same for years. The god parents would get the baby ready. And so they had spent the morning on their own, enjoying just being with eachother.

"No...of course. It's a big thing. It's pretty special"
He told her.

"It is, I'm glad were here. I'm happy. I have been lately"
She said.