chapter 10- giving up on fate

Dianne had been awake for a while but hadn't moved. Truthfully she hadn't been able to get much sleep. After all she had just spent the night with joe and a very wild night not just any. And even though she enjoyed it, she now layed there wondering why she had let herself get to this.
She couldnt move, his arm was still wrapped over her body, her naked body, but all she wanted to do was move. It's not that she regretted anything because she didn't, she just wished it didn't go as far as it did because now as she layed there on that sunday morning she wondered why? How did it get to this? How did it go from a small chat on a cold street in london where she said he could sleep in the spare room to where she was now. And if she didn't feel guilty enough, this made it all worse because as the seconds went on she realised how much she now didn't want to be in this situation.

"Dot...."
That cut through her like a knife.
She layed still as he tossed and turned, his arm only getting tighter around her, and his thumb tracing over her exposed skin. He cuddled into the side of her body, head resting on her chest.

"Joe...please stop"
It was almost a penny dropping moment. The vibe between completely changed as he sat up immediately.

"What?"
He questioned pealing himself off of her.

"Sorry. I just erm, Its nothing"
She shook it off, staring up at the ceiling as he only stared back down at her with frowned eyebrows, a look of confusion.

"What's wrong?"
He placed a hand on her knee, stroking it with his thumb but that only made her want to scream.
She sat up biting her lip in attempt to stop tears which could fall any second. It helped her just about manage to stop herself and instead she got out of bed, walking to their ensuite bathroom. Joe watched sadly as she wondered off, grabbing some clothes on the way and closing the door behind her. He pulled some clothes on himself which was when the realisation hit him what had really happened. He had slept with her and even though he didn't regret it, similar to her something about it didn't feel right. Maybe it was their circumstances or the fact he wouldn't see her again now for two weeks, or maybe it was because deep down he knew that this one time thing would change his whole life forever and completely change everything for not just him but for both of them.

This was going to have consequences.

A few minutes later dianne made her way from the bathroom and sat nervously on the edge of the bed. She turned to look at joe, a sad look in her eyes.

"Whats wrong?"
He came to sit next to her, his arm coming to rest around her waist on her now clothed body.

"Sorry..."
She took a deep breath, only making that arm around her tighter and joe bring her closer to his side. She rested her head on his shoulder.

Now from an outsider watching in, this would initially seem like a cute romantic moment between a couple who had just made up from their worst ever fight in the most intimate of ways but as they both sat there in eachothers arms they knew they were only just going to be heartbroken for a second time.

Last night seemed promising. A chance for them to rekindle their relationship but now it seemed almost a drunken mistake and would be for while, until they could come to the conclusion that this night shared between them was actually the best thing that could ever happen. But with the frame of mind they were both in, it wouldnt be seen like that for a good while.
For joe at least, he saw more in it than dianne. Despite them both being drunk, he knew that it happened for a reason and wanted this to lead to something being resolved between them.

"I erm...I feel really guilty"
She began. This had been one of the things they had briefly talked about but this time round joe didn't realise what she meant by guilty.