CHAPTER 17

Preetha's mom hears some sounds of rolling vessels. She peeped into the kitchen and was shocked. She shouted…

Preetha: Maah! It's me only? Why are you shouting?

Her trance was broken.

Pree mom: Pinch me! Whether I'm watching it was real. When did you change like this?

Pree: what change?

P mom: waking up at 5am, doing household chores. You have been the laziest who wakes up at 8.30 for 9am classes and rush to your college. But now you are waking up much earlier.

Pree: Bachelor ah iruntha ethereum…Go mommy, go, I will cook tiffin and lunch for everyone, make sure you drain the rice before lunch.

P mom: wait! I will help you.

Pree: Please.

Pree mom, caressed her hair and said, I'm proud of you that I have raised you well.

Pree: Ma, unaku sentiment nalla illa… over act ah iruku… enna thitite pesu apo than enaku jolly ha irukum… aama un pullayayum kootitu vanthirukalam la…

Pree mom: Where is he at home? He has gone to Bangalore for a project. I think he will come to Chennai after a couple of days. I think that he will meet you and come to Madurai.

Pree and her mom completed their work and Preetha got ready for her office…

Pre dad: Can you take leave nah! Only today we will be staying here.

Pre: Paah! I have been working on a client meeting for 5 days. Management said not to take leave for at least 20 days. So it's very tough. Why are you going to Madurai? Stay here for another week. We will just go out. Ask thatha to stay in the Village itself with my great grandmother.

Pre dad: Okay, I will think of it and discuss it with Prasath's parents.

Pre: Bye ma. Bye pa
She came out and saw her aunt coming opposite.

Pre: Hii attha, happy morning. Sorry, I have an important client meeting, will complete and reach home soon. Don't make tiffin and lunch. I have prepared already. And please stay here for a week. I have already said to appa, he said that he will discuss it with u and mama…
Okay bye…attha…(She went)

Vasu: Why is this girl like this? She didn't even take a break while speaking…..
—-------------------------------------------

At her office,
Preetha mv: Class polama venama? already nariya leave potutom…ipa late ah pona antha gumbal eh kelvi kekum eh… seri class eh povom…overtime nu samalichikalam…

Late at 7pm
Everyone sitting in Preetha's house including NP. Np amazed about the neatness of the house.

Vasu: She, how clean she is maintaining her house and go and see your house, how dirty it is? En da Np ipadi panra…Samaichi saapa than olunga varathu..intha vela aachum olunga seiyalam la…

Keerthi: My brother is an innocent Mummy. He doesn't know these types of work?

They both hified..

Keerthi: He only knows how to tap tha system keyboard. Nothing else other than masala in his brain.

Again she laughed and went to hifi with him but he glared at her. And she surrendered herself and chuckled…

Everyone laughed…

Np: Damage panringa ammavum ponnum sernthu… Hey Keerthi, vaai romba over aagiduchi….

Pree mom to dad: Why Preetha didn't come yet? It's already late.