Chapter 31

Wyatt

"What the hell are you doing here?"
Tate has been gone for three weeks and I've been counting down the days to Christmas until I see her again. While she's been gone I've been training, winning hockey games and avoiding Charlotte every time she tries to approach me at the rink. She's persistent, she bats her eyes at me begging to talk. I've simply said no or kept walking. Today is a new step to getting on my nerves. When she showed up on my doorstep. Everything in me wants to scream in her face but the more fuel I give her she just gets worse. Her annoying gaze on me just makes me want to slam the door in her face as I give her a cold stare back. No emotion or expression.

"Don't look at me like that Wyatt baby, I just want to talk" She pouts.
"I don't want to talk" I should slam the door in her face.
"Look I know you're all alone now since that, slutty thing left-"
"Watch your mouth Charlotte. Or I will make your life hell."
She holds back a grin as my words come out as quick as a vipers bite. Yet the only venomous thing here, is her.
"Wyatt I just want you to understand I did this for us. I want you back."
"And what did you do? Do you think you deserve to be taken back after whatever you did?" Already knowing what she did to Tate and to me, nothing would change my mind. She's a spineless bitch.
"It, it doesn't matter. I did it for us. I've made this about us. If you think I had something to do with the rumour going around that Bryson spiked her drink that night of the party I had nothing to do with it"

For once. I believed her. Only because of her Polaroid collection being taken just before that party and her convenience showing up in front of me making note that she went up stairs with Bryson. That was all she ever said, nothing less and nothing more and I never believed she drugged her. After Tate told me what happened in detail from when she left to get a drink, I knew he must've done it when she wasn't looking. It's sad how easy it is to drop a pill in someone's drink that works within ten to fifteen minutes if you drag a conversation out long enough. Even more so, when you mix it with alcohol it's only going to work faster.

"But did you hurt people in order to do it?"
"Well, not physically"
I bring the door open a little further, stepping out onto the porch and tower over her. I watch her face lose all confidence. She takes a step back as I keep a blank stare on my face and my voice low.

"I don't want to be with you. I will never be with you again. You're a coward, and a brat. You can try anything until your face turns blue. But I want nothing to do with you. Once I'm gone from this town, there's nothing that will give me the greater pleasure of being in fresh air and not breathing in your toxic fumes. If you do anything to hurt me, or anybody I love. I will make sure you never skate again."
The color disappear from her face and her demeanour becomes scared. I back away gently closing the door in her face. Like I said, I'd never physically hurt her, but if she wants to ruin other people's reputations constantly I'll give her a taste of her own medicine.

I take my phone calling Tate.
"Hey you"
"Hey T"
"You okay?"
"Yeah, I just wanted to hear your voice"

I hear that smile of hers into the phone and immediately my anger evaporates. We continue talking while I draw a sketch and she makes dinner. I haven't told her but I've been drawing her for months, ever since she said she loved my drawings I've been trying to draw her completely from memory. It's going to be a Christmas present, if I can get it finished on time. She tells me all about how college is going and we talk about Christmas. She decided to come with me and my family for Christmas after her grandparents decided to head out of town for the holidays. I can't wait for our first one together.

-

It wasn't even 8:00am and Tate had already woken me up. I didn't hate Christmas, but I hated how big the day was.