Recording

The room was quiet with just a beeping sound coming from a monitor beside the bed. The smell of detergent filled every corner of the private ward. The woman laying on the bed stirred from her slumber. Her eyeballs rotated in all directions as her eyelids tried to open up. The huge doses of medicines and pain killers had drained all her energy.

Slowly opening her eyes she regained all her senses back. She blinked hard multiple times to adjust to the bright light, her face scrunching up in pain. The ringing in her ears disappeared as she blankly stared at the ceiling. Why did it feel like she woke up after a lifetime? Why couldn't she remember anything?

Her face morphed into a confused one as she tried to recall the most recent events of her life. Blank! 

She suddenly felt something wrapped around her forehead. Realizing that, she acknowledged the pain that surged through her entire body.
What?

She winced hard as she tried to lift her hand to grip her forehead to ease the pain. It didn't move. It was rather restricted with something tightly wrapped around it. She tried again. Nothing.

She let out a low whimper as she tried to lift her head. She moaned in agony feeling needles being pierced into her head. Ignoring the pain she still lifted her head. She panicked witnessing her body covered in bandages.

She gasped as the hazy memories slowly started resurfacing.

Her going to the museum.

The parking lot.

The Aunt.

Her murderous eyes.

The crash.

The blood!

She gasped yet again as the picture of the woman behind the steering wheel flashed before her eyes. She sat up with a jerk not giving a damn about her weak body causing her to cry out in pain. Her breathing quickened as she harshly removed the saline drip from her arm and tried to get off the bed.

"She- she'll kill me." She whispered.

She was scared.

Scared that the woman will come for her again. She might be somewhere here waiting for her to let her guard down and pounce on her at that exact moment. 

She wanted to run away.

"She'll k-kill me!"
She kept her left foot on the ground but couldn't do the same for her right leg. The plaster wasn't allowing it nor her broken leg. She yelped in pain.

The door to the hospital room opened with a thud causing her to flinch hard. She did not try to register the appearance of the person but simply assumed that they meant harm.

Jaison rushed forward as Akira tried to get off the bed despite her leg being broken. Seeing the person approach her she shouted at the top of her lungs.
"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" He flinched at her outburst but still moved closer to her gripping her shoulders lightly.

She flinched at his touch and tried to wiggle out." Stay away!!! Don't come near me!!"

"Dove?"

"Stay away!! Please I beg you! Don't kill me!" She cried out loud scared for her life. Jaison was dead worried. She might hurt herself. He gently cupped her cheeks inorder to calm her down.

"Dove, its me." She harshly removed his one hand with her uninjured arm. He persistently kept the other hand on her cheek. She shrieked as she bit his hand, digging her teeth into the flesh.

He was surprised but did not pull away. He let her bite into his palm as he slowly caressed her head. He needed her to calm down.

Hot tears ran down her cheek as she put all her strength, all her frustration into the bite.
"Its okay, Dove. Its okay." He patted her head gently. She abruptly stopped, letting the words sink in, letting that voice sink in. She pulled away from his hand as she gasped finally meeting the eyes of the person she loved the most, staring back at her Lovingly, affectionately." No one is going to hurt you, Dove. They will have to go through me for that to happen." He cupped her cheeks again.