Chapter 41

"Phee I thought you were taking a break?" Ralph asked me on the phone.

"I was! And then inspiration struck at midnight." I smiled and could practically hear him rolling his eyes. "Look, Chris and I will be in LA for the Endgame world premiere in a few weeks and I want to just record a few things and then I will take a break, I promise."

He sighed into the phone, "fine. But please actually take a break Phee. You deserve it." I smiled and agreed and he let me know he would set up some time to record the new songs. After a few more minutes of discussion about the songs and what I wanted the album name to be, we hung up and I set the phone down.

Chris still wasn't home. He was filming for a new Apple TV show called, Defending Jacob, and boy did he look hot as Andy Barber. I visited him on set one day with Dodger and I couldn't control myself. But if you saw him in a full suit acting like a badass lawyer and totally hot dad...you'd want to fuck him right then and there too. Can you blame me?

I relaxed into the couch and ran my fingers through Dodgers fur. "Bud, you need a haircut." He looked up at me and tilted his head. "Don't worry, I won't let your dad cut your hair again." I laughed and he set his head back down on my lap. Chris decided to get ambitious and attempt to cut Dodgers fur a few months ago before summer and well...Dodger had a pretty botched haircut. Poor guy. I ended up cuddled with Dodger on the couch watching a movie for a few hours until Chris came home.

But he wasn't alone. He was with..."Scarlett!" I smiled and ran over towards her, pulling her into a hug. I immediately grabbed Rose from Colin and held her tightly. "What are you guys doing here??" I asked. "Did you really think we would miss your birthday?" Birthday? Oh my god! It's my birthday tomorrow! "Phee don't tell me you forgot your birthday is tomorrow?" Scarlett laughed at my confused face. "I've had a lot on my mind." I shrugged. "And by that she means she hasn't slept because she's been glued to the piano or guitar writing songs while she should be on a break." Chris said with a smile. "Inspiration struck." I shrugged and set Rose down so I could give Colin a hug. "You're nuts." Scarlett laughed.

"She's also developed an unhealthy obsession with Real Housewives..." Chris said. He hated that show but like, what else was I going to do while he was on set. I also really got into Love Island UK. Dodger and I loved it. Scott would also come over and watch them with me sometimes.

"So you're getting old." Scarlett said. I gasped and pushed her slightly. "I'm not old!" "Do you even know how old you're turning?" She raised an eyebrow and I tilted my head. I actually didn't. This was the first year I wasn't on drugs...so the other birthdays since the drugs have all just kind of blurred together. I'm pretty sure I'm 26 now so...

"27, Phoenix." "Oh! Right! Well at least I'm still further away from 40 than you." I smiled, sticking out my tongue at her. "Hey!" She laughed and pushed my shoulder. I wasn't really a fan of my birthday but it was nice to have them here with me. Maybe now I would look at birthdays differently. Before I was always wondering if I'd even make it to the next birthday. So, naturally, I didn't like them or pay them much attention. "Ma is throwing you a party...I tried to talk her out of it but-" "She is?" I cut Chris off. He nodded and I smiled wide. I can't believe she wanted to throw a party for me. "But it's supposed to be a surprise, so uh..act surprised." Chris let out a small laugh and I nodded.

-

"Remember act surprised." Chris reminded me as we pulled up to his Ma's house. I saluted him and got out of the car, taking his hand in mine. Scarlett, Colin, Rose, Chris, Dodger, and I walked up to the front door and Chris opened it slowly, letting us inside.

"SURPRISE!!" His whole family jumped out and yelled. Dodger barked at all of the excitement and rushed inside. Of course I already knew about this party so I acted surprised by gasping and putting my hand over my chest. "Happy birthday!!" Scott yelled. "Oh my god!! Thank you guys!!" Lisa was the first to walk up to me and pull me into a hug. "Happy birthday, sweetheart!" She gave me a warm smile and I felt tears in my eyes. "Oh don't cry!!" She wiped my cheek with her thumb. "Thank you for doing this for me." I said quietly. "Of course! You're family too." I started crying more at her words and she pulled me into another hug.