Chapter 39

The rest of my tour was uneventful and went off without a hitch. Chris and I were just fine and arguably closer than ever. We had finally made it back to LA and I had discussed with Ralph that I was taking a break from recording and touring so that I could come back stronger and better.

I would still write, but I needed the calmness of not touring and having people rely on me. It would be a big part in my journey of staying clean and realizing that there were better coping mechanisms than avoiding my problems by getting drunk or high. Plus, I selfishly wanted to spend time with Chris. He would be filming quite a few things back to back and I liked the freedom of being able to go with him. I could write anywhere, record...not so much. I mean I could, but then Ralph and my band have to travel out which requires planning and shit that I don't feel like doing. Also I was attached to my recording studio. I didn't want to have to rent out a place and be less comfortable there.

A break would be good for everyone.

"How would you feel about coming back to Boston with me?" Chris asked as we lay in my bed, tangled in each other. "Boston?" I repeated and rested my head on his chest. I could hear his heart beating slightly quicker than normal but we did just finish having sex so that might be it. "Yea, I was thinking you could move in with me there and then maybe here into my LA home too..."

My eyes widened and I sat up, looking down at him, the sheet falling off of my body. "Are you asking me to move in with you?"

"Slightly, yea..." He looked slightly nervous as his eyes scanned my face. "I could never ask you to leave LA because I know you have to record here but I want to live with you Phee. Whether that's here or in Boston...I want to come home to you." My heart rate increased as I looked at him. A smile crept over my face and I pressed my lips against his. He groaned and ran his fingers through my hair. "Is that a yes?" He asked softly. "Yes." I smiled and connected our lips again. "I love you, Chris."

"I love you too, Phee." He whispered back, flipping me onto my back and hovering over me. "I love you so fucking much." I blushed and ran my nails through his hair.

My desire grew with each passing moment, and I couldn't hold back my impatience. I pulled him down towards me and kissed him passionately. His tongue pressed into my mouth and swirled around my tongue. It was hot, wet, and needy. I ran my hands down his back and ran my fingertips across his body. He groaned in our kiss and I felt his hardness against my thigh.

His kisses moved from my lips and down my jaw. My breathing was uneven and my heart was racing. "I want to live with you, Phee. I want to come home to you. I need you." He said as he kissed along my shoulders. "I love you so much." He whispered. He grinded lightly against me, his erection brushing against me. "Chris..." I moaned softly and bit down on my lip. He lifted his head from my neck and his eyes locked with mine.

"Marry me."

My eyes widened as I looked at him. He was completely serious. "What?"

"Marry me...I can't imagine my life without you, Phee." He whispered. "I want a life with you. I want kids with you. I want you to be mine officially. So, marry me..."

His hands roamed down my sides slowly. "Marry me."

"Chris..." He leaned forwards and pressed his lips against mine. "Just say yes." He whispered against my lips.

"Yes." I breathed out and he smiled widely, kissing me roughly. "Yes I want to marry you. I want you." He kissed all over my face and pulled away, leaning over towards the side table. He moved his hand around in there for a moment before pulling out a little black box. "Chris..."

"This wasn't how I imagined this...but I couldn't wait." He opened the box, revealing a beautiful oval cut diamond ring. It was simple and perfect. It was me. I gasped as I looked at it glistening. "Chris, it's perfect." I moved my hand towards the ring box and ran a finger over the ring.

"I bought it the minute we got back to LA

"I bought it the minute we got back to LA. After Nashville, I knew I couldn't lose you. I needed you. I had this whole proposal planned out but...seeing you here and now, I couldn't wait. I can't wait. I want you to be my wife." He took the ring out of the box and took my left hand in his right hand. He carefully slid the ring on my ring finger and kissed it. "Perfect fit."

I held my hand up and admired the ring and the man who put it on my finger. I threw my arms around his shoulders and pulled him down to me. "I love you." He whispered. I smashed our lips together as they moved in perfect harmony. Chris leaned against me and I felt his tip brush against my entrance before he pushed in slowly. "I love you so fucking much." I mumbled against his lips. This day couldn't be more perfect. He asked me to move in with him. He asked me to marry him.

Chris wanted me. Chris wanted to marry me. He was mine and I was his, fully. He slowly dragged himself through my walls, thrusting in and out slowly. His hips moved against mine slowly as our tongues meshed together. Moans and groans left our lips as he held me close. My legs were wrapped around him, pulling him closer, as he quickened his pace. With a few final hard thrusts, we were both pushed quickly over the edge and came undone around each other.

Chris collapsed on top of me and peppered my face with kisses. I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face as he held me close to him. I glanced down at the rock on my finger and turned around in his arms, running my fingers across his face. "You asked me to marry you..." I smiled. Chris smiled and kissed my nose. "I know, I was there."

He got off of the bed and made his way into the bathroom for a moment. I stared at him and his body before looking back at the ring with a huge smile on my face. Chris came back a few minutes later and so did Dodger. Chris had to lock him out of the room because he was...well...in the way earlier. Chris laid down next to me and pulled me into him while Dodger jumped up on the bed. "Hi Dodge." He licked my face and curled up in a ball next to my head. I turned around in Chris's arms again and placed my left hand on his cheek, the shiny ring on display.

"I can't believe you asked me during sex!" I slapped his chest playfully and he laughed. "I couldn't help it! You looked so gorgeous laying here all perfect..." I laughed as he squeezed my ass. "I should have said no and made you ask properly." I joked. "You wouldn't have dared to say no." He mumbled against my shoulder. "You're right. It was perfect anyway because I was here with you. If you would have proposed to me on stage or something big I would have murdered you." Chris laughed slightly and shook his head.

My hands traced over his muscular shoulders while he drew lazy circles on my hips. "Phoenix Johansson-Evans. I really like the sound of that."

A/N: Sorry this update took a while! I was on vacation in Greece and just got back 😁

Also sorry it's not like a totally amazing chapter, but I hope it was still good and cute with Chris's little lazy proposal in bed. But I mean it's perfect for them! Phoenix probably wouldn't have liked some elaborate proposal anyway!