Chapter 40

"Phee, how much shit do you have?" Chris groaned as he moved yet another box of clothes into his LA home. "I don't know? I didn't think I had this many clothes. Most of it is old tour outfits, photoshoot clothes, tour merch, brand deals, other artist's merch that I got sent...yea okay, I have a lot of shit." I shrugged and continued hanging up some of the clothes to put in his closet. "Half of this needs to be shipped to Boston, can you make a pile or something?" He put his hands on his hips and looked at me. "Are you asking me to choose what clothes I want in LA versus Boston?"

"Yes, Phoenix, I am asking that question." He shook his head with a laugh. "That's like asking me to pick a favorite child. What if I want to wear this in Boston one day but didn't pack it. Then what if I took it there but then came to LA for a weekend but didn't have it because it was in Boston!" I held up a Harry Styles tour shirt and stared at him. He laughed slightly. Why is he laughing? This is serious.

Chris shook his head at me. "Phee, sweetheart-" "That's it. I'll just have to buy duplicates." "No, that's not what I was going to say." Chris laughed and walked towards me. I gasped suddenly as a thought popped into my head. "But what about the things I can't duplicate???"

"Okay. Calm down." Chris rubbed his hands down my arms and prompted me to take a deep breath. I was getting worked up over my closet. "How about we just buy you new things in Boston and send most of your winter clothes there? You don't really need them in LA."

"I think that would be best." I replied. "Okay. Sorry for asking you to choose. It was a stupid question." "You should be." I pushed him slightly but he pulled me with him to place a kiss on my lips. "But really, let's make sure we ship what you need to Boston because we have a flight in two days." I groaned and threw my head back. This was hard.

I ended up packing a few boxes of more winter clothes that I knew would be better suited for Boston, along with jackets that I didn't really need in LA. I also packed a box of everyday clothes that I would need to wear until I was able to fill out the closet in Boston more. There were lots of jackets. I didn't even know I had so many. But I guess when you're in the music industry you're always getting tour merch from friends and other artists, well...my Crewneck and hoodie collection piled up.

Chris also packed up a few things that he knew I would want in Boston, including my guitar and some items that I usually couldn't live without. Most of the stuff that he already had in both houses, like kitchen supplies, were donated because I would no longer need them.

"Phee?"

"Yea?" I walked over towards him and he pulled out a few of the Grammys I had won in the past. "Why are these buried at the bottom of a box?" He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at me. I shrugged. "Don't you want to put them up?" He asked. "I mean I guess." I took one from his hands and smiled slightly 'Best New Artist'. "I won this what feels like so long ago..."

"I'm putting them up." Chris said, taking it from my hands and walking into his living room where he had a shelf of some awards he had won in the past. "There." He smiled as he put it right next to his. "Be proud of your music, Phee." He kissed my head and continued unpacking things with me.

"Is this the last box?" Chris asked after a few hours of packing, unpacking, and sorting. I nodded and smiled at him. "Okay. I'll call someone to have these shipped to Boston." He opened his phone and I watched as he tapped it a few times before setting it down and looking at me. "What?" "Nothing, you're just hot all the time." I smiled and shrugged as he rolled his eyes. "Come here." He dragged me to the couch and we both sat down, quickly snuggling up to each other. "The endgame premiere is coming soon. Are you gonna be my plus one or Scarlett's?" Chris asked.

"Well Scarlett is ditching me to take Colin..so I'm all yours." I smiled up at him and pulled his lips against mine. "Good."

-