Childhood

The sun rises on a very special day, mainly for your aunts but for you and the girls nonetheless.

Diana's 5th birthday, you never really met her and she doesn't really know about you as far as you know. But per Caitlyn's request, you are throwing a party to celebrate. The girls were more than happy to accommodate, even taking the time to decorate the house in all pink and purple, being recently informed that those were her two favorite colors.

Now the moment arrives, said family walks in and Diana is greeted with a

"Happy Birthday, Diana!"

Everyone from The Fortunes to even your mother and her partner Jinx was there to celebrate the child's birthday.

The girl's face lights up with a bright smile, being overwhelmed with joy as she sees the pink and purple decorations and all of her family standing in front of her. She sprints over to you and hugs you tightly.

"Hey sweetie, Happy 5th. Hey, you like animals right?" You ask, crouching down to her level.

"Yea yea!" Diana exclaims excitedly bouncing on her toes.

"Well I'm gonna show you a magic trick, but I need you to close your eyes" you say with a smile as you stand up.

"Okay!" Diana exclaims as she covers her eyes with her hands and lowers her head.

You chuckle and shrug at Kai'sa and Evelynn next to you, two poofs of smoke appear and all that is left is the pantheress Evelynn and Kai'sa who's white furred tiger form is slightly bigger than Evelynn's, but her purple stripes make it equally as intriguing of a sight.

"Okay you can open now" you say as you sit down next to the girls.

"AH! LOOK MOM THERE'S KITTIES!" Diana yells, looking back at her mothers pointing frantically at the large cats.

"Yea! Go play with them" Caitlyn encouraged with a smile.

Diana slowly walks up to the two big cats and stands between them and slowly puts a hand on each of their head. The harmonious purring makes Diana giggle, especially so after they slightly nudge themselves against the little girl.

You walk over to your aunts and they can do nothing but smile.

"Thank you for doing this for her, she really needed this after last school year" Caitlyn's smile fades, her tone getting serious.

"It's not a problem, I'm glad she likes animals because this would have turned out very differently. What happened last school year"

"She graduated pre-school which is obviously great but it has been brought to our attention that she's...not the quickest witted" Vi admits carefully.

"Well...I mean not every kid needs to be a genius" you say with a chuckle.

"That's not what I mean...I... I don't know how to word this. Her teachers since the beginning of the year have been keeping tabs with us about their concern about her...academic abilities. She was struggling so much that she would throw tantrums during school constantly. So we tried to see if we could get a further professional explanation, we don't have a diagnosis yet but her docs are concurring with her teachers." Vi admits, regretfully uttering each word.

"Oh...I...uh get what you're saying. I'm sorry, doesn't feel nice to have that said about your kid"

"Supposedly she's amazing with the other kids, super gentle, kind and sociable. Just when it comes to the academic sides of things...she's really struggling to keep up. The social downfall of that is already being manifested from what we are told" Caitlyn adds in a shaky tone.

"You said she was great with the kids?" you ask confused.

"SHE is, doesn't mean that the others are. She gets called dumb and stupid all the time, I just don't think she's aware she's getting bullied yet." Caitlyn says with a tear running down her cheek.

You turn your head to look the little girl, having the time of her life with two large cats giving her love and attention.

"I'm sorry, momma. We will figure this out okay? She has two amazing mothers and a whole family behind her. She'll do great. Who knows, I've met so many kids that I went to school with that were in a similar boat. In The beginning they weren't brightest but they caught up. Sometimes the beginning is just rough for people. She's a little kid, we both know little kids in general aren't the brightest. Either way, even if the worst case happens she'll still have two amazing mothers to take care of her. I'm sure that'll be all she needs"