Breaking Point

You are startled awake to a loud thunderclap, shooting up from your comfortable position. You decide to head downstairs, not being unable to sleep again.

"Damn no one is here, shit another day alone" you murmur to yourself in a peppy tone, until you hear some light whimpering.

You walk over to the origin of the noise, on the couch lies a small white fox. Looking up at you with tears in its eyes. You look outside and put two and two together.

"Ahh, you don't like thunderstorms huh?" You say with a compassionate chuckle as you sit down on the couch. Ahri instantly crawling into your lap.

Another thunderclap strikes, which makes the fox jump and whimper louder. Taking her paws and attempting to hold her ears down.

You gently scratch behind her ears.

You gently lay her flat on your chest as you pick her up and carry her to your room, as if you were carrying a baby.

You lay her in her bed, still shaking and whimpering. You close the window.

"Alright, you're gonna need to be human again. I have some noise cancelling head phones. I would lay with you but that just feels outta line." You say as you take headphones out of your pocket and set it on the bed next to her, you scratch behind her ears and gently lay a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I'll be in my room if you need anything" you say with a smile as you close the door after exiting the room.

Ahri, in a poof of white smoke, transforms back into her human form and instantly puts in the headphones. Instantly muting all of her surroundings, she can barely hear the proceeding thunderclap. It's still a little scary but not as jarring and loud.

"I can see why Kai'sa cuddles with her, she's so weirdly comfortable for how muscular she is." Ahri says with a sense of surprise as she lies back in bed.

"God her fur is so soft" you say with a chuckle as you head back to bed.

You open up your phone to a text from Evelynn,

"Hey Y/n, how is Ahri doing?"

"She's fine, I found her whimpering and shaking on the couch this morning. Turns out she doesn't like thunderstorms that much"

"Aw poor baby, tell her I'm sorry I couldn't be there for her. She practically freezes up when this happens. Been like this for all these years"

"I just carried her to her room and gave her some noise cancelling headphones. I haven't heard much since then. I didn't wanna lay with her cuz I still feel weird about the whole, open...thing"

"Oh that's sweet of you, hopefully that helps. She would always be in her fox form when she's scared so we could like never do that. You can lay with her if she's okay with it. It helps her a lot, I just want to make sure she's okay"

"I'll keep you updated okay? I promise you I'll take care of her, you'll kill me like the pitiful human I am if I don't"

"Y/n! You're mean you know that?"

"Did I just offend the demon queen of KDA?"

"Fuck. Off. Take care of my wife before I become your worst nightmare"

"Anything for you bestie 💜"

"💜"

You chuckle and get up to check on Ahri, who is lying in bed with the headphones still in.

You go and sit next to her and she's noticeably calmer but still a little shaky.

"You doin okay? Eve says she's sorry that she couldn't take care of you"