Hushed Love

"Oh shit!" you say as your shoot up, sitting in bed. Sweat dripping down your face. You quickly look around as you get your bearings. You see your three partners sleeping peacefully, at least they are getting proper sleep.

You sneak down into the kitchen and grab a glass of water, grabbing the opportunity to process what happened in your dream that was so disturbing.

Nightmares about your bloody and violent past aren't unfamiliar, but equally as disturbing each time around.

The images of fractured memories from the dream flash before your eyes as you mindlessly drink your water.

"Fuck man" you murmur to yourself quietly, rubbing your eyes in an attempt to rid yourself of the sight.

The pantheress Evelynn yawns and is awoken noticing that your gone. She sneakily removes herself from the bed in an attempt to find you. Her black fur perfectly concealing her as she watches you, processing how to approach the situation. She starts purring somewhat loudly to at least attempt to make her presence known.

You hear said purring and greet her with a smile

"Hey, Eve. Did I wake you?" You say as you pet behind her ears, giving you one singular lick on your arm as an answer.

"That's good" you say giggle through her nuzzling against your leg

"I love you to, Eve. I had a nightmare again, it's happening more lately"

You say, sitting on the tile in front of the pantheress.

She nuzzles against your neck and gives your cheek some licks. Consoling you the best way a panther could possibly do.

A poof of black smoke appears as Evelynn appears on your lap, wrapping her arms around you.

"Are you okay?" Evelynn asks, giving you a smooch on the lips.

"Just a little shaken up"

"Why's that?" Evelynn asks as she snuggles close to her partner.

"These nightmares are pretty gruesome, ever since I started settling down and the violence has stopped. I've had time to actually process it, and it's overwhelming"

"I can imagine, is that why you've been distant lately?"

"Yes honestly, I've been super touchy lately and I just didn't want to accidentally blow up or anything so I just separated myself."

"Well honey, it was nice of you to sleep with us again. Even if it was for a few hours. Foxy gets cold pretty easily" Evelynn says with a loving smile.

"I will say your fur is surprisingly comfortable"

"I'm glad, I was going to be really sad if you were allergic to cats. I love being a cat, I can just exist. I don't have to worry about anything besides eating. It's just a bonus that you all find it so entertaining and comforting"

"Oh trust me, I wish I could be a cat"

"Well we still do have the cat ears and tail"

"Oh hush" you chuckle through a kiss.

The click clacking against the tiles catches your attention, seeing a small white fox approach.

She climbs on Eve's lap looking at you expectantly,

"I'm okay Ahri, just a nightmare is all. They're getting worse" you say with a depressed tone.

Ahri walks in circles until she settles on her wife's lap.

"Thank you for being here, both of you. Though I don't think we have room for Kai'sa in this cuddle pile" you say with a chuckle.

"Well then let's get to bed, she must be shivering"

You all stand up, you are holding and petting Ahri as you walk to your room. You lie down next to the sleeping Kai'sa who instantly senses the new source of warmth and clings to it, making you smile but the overwhelming sensation is the straw that broke the camels back making you tear up.

Evelynn turns around and hugs you from behind gently.

"It's okay dear, we are here for you. All three of us." Evelynn whispers into your ear.

Ahri hears the whimpering and climbs over and sits in the space between you and Kai'sa and snuggles herself under your arm, giving you kisses on your cheek.