Die For You

Rating: R

Summary: True feelings are revealed and intentions are brought forward...

Requested by: @Laer111ee

Note: One shot based off the song "Die For You" by The Weekend. i used some of the lyrics and changed them very slightly so they sounded more like how Loki would say it. maybe one or two Pinterest quotes too Lol 

''you are so annoying-''

''am i?'' not a question.

''yes!''

''stop lying.'' That smirk.

You resisted the urge to kick Loki from under the table as you both sat across from each other, not giving two shits whether you were in a nice restaurant or not. This wasn't a date after all.. just a place that finally gave you business considering no one wanted the destroyer of New York entering their building.

''I'm not lying-''

''then why did you agree to dine in a place like this?'' Loki quizzed, casually sat back in his chair without a care or concern in the world, regardless that his presence practically evacuated the whole room. He had both his hands resting on the white tablecloth beside his place while the candles illuminated his stupid, handsome face. Yet what irritated you more was that he seemed to try to get answers out of you, and for what??

''..someone had to keep an eye on you.'' You explain, doing your best to use your poker face as your fork poked at the rest of your food, having the urge to keep your hands busy for no damn reason while your leg bounced under the table. After all, no one was at the tower and you were starving. Fury would kill you if he found out you left the god of mischief unsupervised.

''that's not it darling. any one of those places, even here, could have let you take your food back home with you and I.'' his amused look said it all as his eyes seemed to scan you up and down, almost lustfully. ''I would suspect that all this one on ne time lately was because perhaps you were developing a fondness towards me..'' he teased and you stuck a finger out to interrupt him.

''don't. don't think that all this,'' you motioned around you. ''was something more than just two friends sharing a meal in a nice change of environment-''

''so we're friends?''

You snatched your fork and raised your hand to chuck it at him but the second he stood from the table, hands remaining flat on the table cloth with a deadly look in his eyes, stopped you in your tracks. You both starred at each other, not moving a muscle but with each passing second, his expression got harder and harder to read, making you lower your hand and place the fork back on the table. This action seemed to add a slight gentleness to his features and even his shoulders lowered from his defensive stance.

''..besides.. you hate Midgardians-''

''incorrect darling.'' He said gently, his tone almost scary calm as he seemed to be studying your features with a purpose, it almost made you squirm in your seat. He then lifted his eyes to indicate the rest of the room that pretended to be minding their own business before looking back at you. '' I could hurt them. i could kill all of them, but not you. if it was up to me, you'd never see a drop of your own blood again.''

The sudden statement was scary and.. well, it made you look up at him with nothing but wonder as your hands lowered to your lap, fingers fiddling in a nervous state as he gazed upon you with honesty, not giving a damn if he was still standing.

''..you don't mean that Loki-''

''you know what I'm thinking love, I see it in your eyes.''

Just that comment alone made your eyes glance away, suddenly aware that he was trying to read you, and dare you say it.. he wasn't incorrect. As handsome as he was, he was so.. annoying. Mischievous is more like it, it was just him. there was not a single moments peace without a sarcastic comment, a flirtatious tease, the subtle pet names, the fact that he wished to be in your presence regardless even though he claimed to not be bothered by anyone.. all this shit and yet why did you.. love it.