42

I arrive home, Aniston waiting for me

"What is it?" I ask.

He bows then says, "Your highness, your fathers condition is worsening."

I ask, "When will he die?"

Aniston says, "We believe in a couple hours of if we're lucky maybe a day or so."

I shake my head and march to his room. Swinging open his door I walk to his bed.

The old man lies there, he doesn't even look like my father. That man there has been nothing but a racist scoundrel my whole existence.

"You plan to die soon and leave this godforsaken title on me?" I question.

The whole media already believes he is dead. He didn't want his actually death date to be known. He wanted to stay "mysterious."

The old man coughs as he breathlessly says, "I cannot stay much longer."

I roll my eyes as I look down at him, he says, "My son, I am glad you are the one to take over my throne."

I shake my head, scuffing as I do. My eyes start to water and my throat aches. I look to the side then down to him. How dare he.

Grabbing his collar I say, "I will never take over, I will never wed, and I will never allow this bloodline to continue."

I can see him visibly become shocked. His monitor starts to beep.

For the last few seconds before the nurses rush in I say, "You fucking behemoth."

As the nurses rush in I turn around and leisurely walk out of the room. My calm walk to my room would seem quite unnerving to a person who knows little of my dynamic with my father. I am quite pleased with my fathers dying state.

My calmness turns to rage as soon as I enter my room which once was my childhood room. Which has since been remodeled. Once I close my door I throw everything in sight. From family heirlooms, to paintings, to even pushing over dressers.

 From family heirlooms, to paintings, to even pushing over dressers

My phone rings which causes me to wake up but quickly stops. I know the person hung up because the ringing stopped in the middle of a ring.

I stretch as I grab my phone then look who called me.

Prince Everett?

I call him back as I sit up on the edge of my bed.

"Are you okay?" I ask worried.

He says in a tone different from normal, "Yes, yes I am fine."

I say, "You do not sound it."

"I am fine, I assure you, now go to sleep Aurelia. I must have called you on accident," he lies.

I sigh, "Alright then, goodnight Everett."

He says softly, "Goodnight Aurelia."

He hangs up and I look at me phone worried. He sounded off, I've never seen or heard him upset in a sad way at least. I assume that is what it sounds like. Maybe I should call him back.

I shake it off and set my phone down. Snuggling back under my covers I look at my other pillow. Imagining what it would be like if Everett were there. Sleeping peacefully as he cuddles me.

Slowly I start to drift off.

Suddenly I'm walking through the halls of a home much larger and elegant than mine. Which is already very much of both. Everett accompanies me. I notice both of us are in casual clothes rather than regular clothes.

He opens a set of French doors that lead us into a ginormous room. As big as most ballrooms.

I gasp, "Is this your room?"

He nods and takes my hand, pulling me closer to him. I smile as I'm pressed against his chest.

"Your room is quite beautiful," I say.

He says, "Soon this will be our room."

Everett places some distance between us as he walks me to the bed.

I ask, "What are you doing?"

He says, "What couples do."

"And what is that?" I question.

He pulls me to his chest again and traps me between him and the bed.

"You'll figure it out," he says with a mischievous grin.

I giggle and kiss him. Which he returns.

His hands move to my legs and he grabs them, pulling me up and around his waist. My left hand goes into his hair as my right goes on the side of his neck.

Our lips dancing rather exotically. Our tongues joining together.

I feel him reach to the hem of my mini dress, I pull from his lips, "Take it off."

He pulls my dress over my head. I then push myself toward the headboard.

Everett takes off his shirt and start to unbuckle his belt. Which is then followed by him unzipping his pants.

I wait very impatiently but then it all starts to turn black as I wake up. I shoot up in my bed, my breathing heavy, and my body covered in cold sweat.

What is going on?