27

"Anyways, did you receive your cuff links?" I ask

Prince Everett nods and raises his hands, "I am wearing them."

I gently grab his sleeve and look at them, "Rather I say I have a good eye for cuff links?"

He chuckles, "I suppose so."

We both grab a drink from the bar, him a whiskey and I champagne.

"Our next date shall be outside, maybe on a boat or simply walking the beach together," I say.

He huffs, "Outdoors? Do I look like a cowboy to you?"

I giggle and say, "All you need is a cowboy hat and boots and I would say yes."

We finish our drinks and he then says, "Now shall we go dance as I said we would."

I nod and we make our way to the dance floor.

As we start to dance he looks rather conflicted.

"With such a glum look everyone here will think I've broken your heart," I say.

He chuckles and says, "No one has or ever will break my heart and I doubt I look that glum?"

I say, "You do, you're supposed to look happy so Mr. Burdock leaves me alone."

As we continue or dance he says, "If Mr. Burdock had any sense he would leave you alone after what happened at the outdoor ball."

The rest of the dance I spend smiling, this is the closest I have ever come to my ballet career in my life. Everett seems to start smiling as he picks up on my bright smile.

As our dance comes to a close I say, "That's the most I've ever seen you smile at me."

Everett says, "It seems yours must be contagious."

I smile ever harder at his remark, which he does also. I will say he has a great smile, he doesn't use it often but it is very charming.

His smile fades quickly as he look behind me. I furrow my brows as I turn around to look at that same thing. My smile also drops.

Isaiah smiles brightly as he walks beside a not so smily Otto.

As they reach us Otto asks very unenthusiastically, "Would you like to dance with me?"

I nod and look toward Isaiah who is having a glaring match with Everett. As they leave I quickly turn to Otto.

"Goodness, I thought they were friends?" I question.

Otto says, "Not anymore, ever since the prince set his eyes on you at least."

I groan, "It is not that big of a deal! It is not like we plan to marry one another."

Otto shrugs, "I do now know what goes on in their heads dear sister."

"Was I not clear enough?" Isaiah asks as he follows me

I roll my eyes and fix my cuff links, "Do you wish to ruin your sisters life?" I ask.

Isaiah grabs my shoulder and turns me to face him. His eyes glaring, which they seem to always do lately.

"She is going to marry Mr. Burdock and that is that!" His tone a yell but his voice quiet.

"So you are looking to ruin her life," I conclude.

"Mr. Blackwood," an annoying older man yells.

Mr. Burdock will be the death of us all.

I turn away from the two, I wish to not see the injury's Aurelia and I have left on him. I believe I will make a fool of myself when I start laughing.

"Your father and I have decided to delay my marriage to your sister until next fall season," Mr. Burdock says.

I can imagine Isaiah turning red from anger now.

"Excuse me?" Isaiah asks.

Mr. Burdock explains, "We believe she to be to young to rush into a marriage. I want to preserve her grace and honor. I wish to respect her beauty."

"And her mean left hook," I interrupt.

I turn around and hold in my laughter as I see his face, just as I thought, he is still battered and bruised.

Isaiah looks towards me with confusion on his face.

"I assume you and your father will handle the matter. Assuming you already booked the venue along with everything else. I wish not to make a fool of myself if I were try to reschedule it all," Mr. Burdock says.

I add on, "I'm afraid it is a bit late for that."

Mr. Burdock flushes with anger as he asks, "Are you friends with him for his wit or status?"

"Easy there Mr. Burdock. And Prince Everett I believe to be none of your concern," Isaiah says.

I can't help but chuckle as I drink a glass of water. Mr. Burdock's appearance not helping Isaiah's remarks.

"You do not decide what matters concern me nor the matter of Mr. Burdocks disposition," I say.

Mr. Burdock ignores my words and says, "I will treat your sister as if she is a queen. Perhaps over time she will learn to return my favors."