67.2

Ch. 67.2
"The Pendant of Marekan... Is it possible?"

[Possible.]

"Hmm, well..."

It was more troubling when it was possible than when it wasn’t.

It was clear that his growth was important.

If he acquired a growth item right now, he could become much stronger in the future.

However, the main episodes were filled with all sorts of dangers.

Not to mention the upcoming eighth episode, where he would have to face the "Awakened Maizen Tyren."

Becoming stronger was certainly important, but shouldn't he have at least one insurance that could help him survive in the immediate future?

‘Sigh... I'll go with that.’

He couldn’t help it.

Moreover, even the protagonist Edna made a wrong choice and ended up with a bad ending, suffering and dying.

Even Eisel and Hong Bi-Yeon, who were considered strong, had never escaped the fate of death, with death flags looming over them.

This wretched world was just like that.

Being a mere extra, he didn’t know when he would die, so he needed at least one insurance.

[Item received: Pendant of Marekan.]

The pendant fell gracefully onto his palm, and Baek Yu-Seol immediately checked its information.

[Pendant of Marekan]

[Grade: High]

[Description: A pendant crafted by Marekan, the future alchemic engineer, who processed a barrier to its limits in order to protect his own life.]

[Special Function:]

[▶ Marekan Shield]

[Automatically defends against attacks of Class 6 or lower.]

[Usable only once.]

This wasn’t too bad.

After all, he didn’t have any immediate plans to fight against demon-class beings of Class 7 or higher.

It stung that it was a one-time use item, but if he had the condition for choosing an item without limitations, he would have had no choice but to settle for something quite mediocre.

Moreover, since this item couldn't be created with modern item technology, its value was even higher.

Carefully placing the pendant around his neck, he checked his overall stats.

[Absorbing the petals of the Enchantment Tree increases 'Mental Power' by 65%.]

The increase in mental power was the best harvest he could have hoped for. He was planning to meet Twelfth God Yeonhong Chunsam in December, and having a high mental power stat would be crucial at that time.

Although the stat of two stars was still relatively low, it was much better than one star.

Moreover, Baek Yu-Seol’s overall stats were gradually approaching the level of three stars. Stats such as strength, agility, and stamina beyond three stars could be considered the realm of the "superhuman," a level that ordinary humans could never reach.

At that point, excluding special different species, there probably wouldn't be anyone with a stronger physique than him when compared to ordinary humans.

Of course, compared to protagonists who would likely have two sets of four-star stats by now, he was severely lacking, but he was progressing rapidly enough to be highly satisfied.