28.1

Regressor (3)

Students in class S were entitled to occupy the dormitory alone. However, it was not the case for everyone.

Edna was like that.

She shared a dormitory with four people, because she wanted to spend time with children her age.

She liked to hang out with people, and she was friendly with everyone from Class F to Class A, so she always had students from other classes coming over to her dorm.

Seven children were still huddled together, drinking desserts, coffee and chatted happily in that narrow space of 60 square meters.

“Edna, are you okay?"

In the meantime, someone approached as Edna was trembling with her head stuck in the pillow.

It was Jecky.

“... Uh."

“What is it? Tell us.”

"That’s right."

“Are you worried about something?”

“It’s just menstrual cramps, so don’t worry about it.”

"Really?"

Then, the other girls quickly stopped paying attention to Edna and started talking amongst themselves again.

‘How can I say anything? I’m not supposed to tell anyone, I have to suffer alone.’

'Baek Yu-Seol... he said that he forgot his purpose...'

Undoubtedly.

A side effect of regression was the loss of one's most precious memories and purpose.

He was really walking forward with a sense of mission, while leaving behind everything in the process.

Also, he said he wanted to live. Those words were heartbreaking, like drilling a nail through Edna’s heart.

‘He wants to live.’

If someone else had said that, she would have probably dismissed it, but Baek Yu-Seol was different.

If it was true that he returned with the power of the Silver Moon... then he would disappear immediately after fulfilling his mission, and his existence would be completely erased from this world.

Without leaving any records, memories, or even traces.

Maybe, she wouldn’t even remember this conversation we had today.

Everything.

Or so she thought.

If he was a regressor, he must have an aim which could make him fearless even under the threat of being wiped off.

But no. With a sense of mission, he returned to save the world, but... He still wanted to live.

He knew that he would die eventually, and he was afraid, but he was still going to move down the path.

Didn't he say, ‘let's tell each other half the truth?'

She too easily made a promise that should never be broken. From now on, he…

She would never pry into any secrets he had.

And... if he had the same purpose as her, she would try to support him as much as possible.

T-Dick!

The alarm magic rang on the door lock of the dormitory.

[Haewonryang: Call to Edna]