chapter 13

CHAPTER 13 – DUNGEON PRACTICE (1)

“Everyone knows the origins of magic, but it was only when the ‘white wizard’ called the Progenitor Wizard spread magic to the world, that humans and other races began to deal with magic.”

In reality, the magic class was highly subdivided.

Mana Trajectory, an Introduction to Advanced Fundamental Magic, was a study on the relationship between reality and directing, and so on…

There was really something special about it.

And, as in any other world, lectures were extremely boring. Professor Shin Wol-hak Raiden, in particular, was unpopular because his characteristic hard tone and sharp and aggressive voice stressed listeners.

“After spreading natural magic to elves, material magic to dwarves, and elemental magic to humans, the Progenitor Wizard disappeared.

So, does anyone know where the progenitor wizard went next?”

“Me!”

“Speak.”

“He went to Heaven and taught the angels Radiance Magic, then went to the Underworld and taught the demons Abyss Magic.”

“That’s right.”

Sleepy. Regardless of whether there was something I knew or did not know, the class was very boring. ‘How can I listen to this for three years…….’

But this class was pretty important. Maybe it was because there might be a class content that could bring me close to the ‘true ending’.

Professor Raiden lined things up with a marker on the blackboard with his characteristic sleepy voice.

“But there were some things that the Progenitor Wizard didn’t expect. Human curiosity didn’t stop at elemental magic. Human wizards began to travel around the world and stole the magic of different races. That’s how modern magic came into being.”

I yawned silently and looked around. Sitting a little farther away, Eisel particularly caught my attention. Did she originally take this class? As far as I remember, there were no main characters who listened to Shin Wolhak.

“People were not satisfied with that either. They wanted more knowledge and more magic. However, humans could not learn magic anymore. This was because the progenitor wizard disappeared leaving behind the ‘Twelve New Moons (十二神月/the 12 lunar months)’ in the world. Does anyone know about these twelve moons?”

At last, the main point came out and my ears pricked up. Because that was my biggest concern, the twelve moon.

When a student raised his hand, Professor Raiden pointed out.

“Answer me.”

“It is said that the twelve new moons are a guardian to protect the balance of the continents, and it is said that until just a thousand years ago, they spread all over the world and looked over the continents.”

“Right. They protected the continent with their special powers.”

The professor wrote four letters on the blackboard.

“For example, it was said that the new moon ‘Jeok-Ha-Ju-Jun’, which symbolizes summer, dealt with a red flame, and that flame would never go out. Even now, it is said that if you enter the ‘deep sea of ​​Alamanca’, you can see the red flame, so if you are interested, you can go in to check it.”

He was not joking, but the students burst into laughter. Because the deep sea of ​​Alamanca was an ‘absolute zone’ ruled by the sea king Alamanca, it was not a space where terrestrial life could dare enter.